Mark Martin and Tony Stewart postrace comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Martin and Tony Stewart postrace comments

Martin went to Stewart and admitted he messed up. Then he told the reporters basically the same thing.

Stewart accepted Martin's explanation and told reporters that he respected Mark. Then Stewart went on to complain that 50% of NASCAR drivers wouldn't be brave enough to do what Martin did.

Notice the difference in character? Martin addresses an issue about himself and Stewart by talking about Stewart and himself. Stewart addresses the same issue by disparaging half of the field.

He may be the Driver of the Year, but he certainly comes up lacking in other areas.

don't kill the messenger, because he is right on. Why be PC, say what is on your mind. Oh wait, I get it. You must be one of the France's...
    www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

So Rascal prefers Martin's honesty over Tony's honesty...
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      ~~Groucho Marx
      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Tony was spot on with his remarks! Like he said most of these drivers now a days would do nothing more than make a call to a cell phone from a cell phone. Mark was man enough to go to Tony and say hey, "I'm sorry".

Why is it that when someone calls an ace an ace or a spade a spade now a days it's a bad thing? Me wonders if that is why the Muslims and Anti Christians are trying to take over, because they know the general population in this country is affraid to speak their mind for fear of the pc police. :mad:
        If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

So by saying that he respects someone who is man enough to apologize for a mistake he made, and putting down those that aren't, it is a bad thing ?

Sorry, Tony just told the truth, amd it shows you the type of stand up man Mark is.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Rascal]Martin went to Stewart and admitted he messed up. Then he told the reporters basically the same thing.

Stewart accepted Martin's explanation and told reporters that he respected Mark. Then Stewart went on to complain that 50% of NASCAR drivers wouldn't be brave enough to do what Martin did.

Stewart also being PC. Don't give me this 50% crap! Give me some names Mr. Call an Ace an Ace! What a punk!
            I know what Indy means!

Comment

Well you know Mr. Oldtimer2, Tony is showing just how intelligent he really is by not naming his 50 percent who won't admit their mistakes.

If Tony had named them no one would agree his picks and everyone would think Tony is a dumb a$$. By not naming them Tony lets everyone name their own 50 percent and everyone is happy and think Tony is a hell of man for accepting Mark's apology --- everyone accept you and it is impossible to please everyone.

But anyhow 99 percent of the people think Tony is one smart cookie, because they all agree. I happen to think he is not only a genuis but one hell of a race driver.

Anyone who buys Eldora has to be one smart cookie.

There are only three things in life woorthwhile, a cocktail before and a nap afterword.
              Dick Ralstin www.dickralstin.com

Satisfaction guaranteed or your Monkee returned

Comment

"Stewart also being PC. Don't give me this 50% crap! Give me some names Mr. Call an Ace an Ace! What a punk!"

Ask Matt Kenseth if Stewart is a punk...he had Kenseth set up for an Earhardt tap...didn't happen...

Comment

I thought that Mark and Tony's comments were both professional and respectful.

Nothing wrong with Tony telling the truth that 50% of the drivers wouldn't have handled a situation like this with the class that Mark Martin did.
                  "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by ghost
                    Nothing wrong with Tony telling the truth that 50% of the drivers wouldn't have handled a situation like this with the class that Mark Martin did.
                    Tony's statement was one of opinion, not fact.

The situation on the track involved Martin and Stewart. Martin restricted his comments to the situation. He is to be cmmended for showing his class.

Stewart acted like a wronged schoolgirl (once again) and insisted that (in his warped OPINION) 50% of the field were at fault for and imagined wrong. He is to be scorned for showing us he's an ass.

Tony was wrong and his legion of supporters at TF fail to recognize this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal
                      Stewart acted like a wronged schoolgirl (once again) and insisted that (in his warped OPINION) 50% of the field were at fault for and imagined wrong. He is to be scorned for showing us he's an ass.
                      You're right. It's probably closer to 75%, not the 50% Tony mentioned.
                      Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal
                        He is to be scorned for showing us he's an ass.

Tony was wrong and his legion of supporters at TF fail to recognize this.
                        Well, those are both opinions, but we won't scorn you for them.

Mark Martin's opinion was that he was at fault.

Tony's opinion was that 50% of NASCAR drivers are not as good as Mark Martin in regard to accepting blame.
                        That's his opinion and most will not scorn him.

But that opinion may be off base---maybe the number is closer to 70% or 80%.

But then I am saying only 20% to 30% are as good as Mark Martin whereas Tony said 50%
                        But then I dunno nothing---just my opinion.

But I do know what % of drivers are better than Tony this season.
                        However, that's just my opinion so I'll just bare my back and accept my scorn.
                        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                          You're right. It's probably closer to 75%, not the 50% Tony mentioned.

Ok, so I get a little wordy...
                          ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Gee, golly whiz Mr. Rascal, I don't know how I can ever thank you for telling me the real truth about Tony Stewart, after spending a lifetime watching race cars and race drivers I don't know how I could have been so wrong.

But there is one thing I am having trouble with, and I'm sure you can help me again, if Tony is such an ass and lousy race driver why iis he leading the points chase, a strong threat to win every race he starts and so popular with some of the fans and other drivers.

There are only three things in life worthwhile, a cockrail before and a nap afterword.
                            Dick Ralstin www.dickralstin.com

Satisfaction guaranteed or your Monkee returned

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Ralstin
                              But there is one thing I am having trouble with, and I'm sure you can help me again, if Tony is such an ass and lousy race driver why iis he leading the points chase?
                              There's your problem, Dick - you are unable to comprehend what others are saying.

I have never criticized Tony's driving ability. I even complimented his skills.

Since you missed that glaringly obvious comment, perhaps you missed the finer points of Tony's little crybabyfest.

In commenting on a situation that involved Stewart and Martin, Stewart felt it necessary to disparage half of the drivers in the field. If you think such actions are called for, then you are welcome to roll in the dirt with Mr. Stewart, Dick. I'll even cheer you on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X