Fans - or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans - or not?

Switching back and forth, from football to the Cup race down in Texas, it looks like I see a lot of fans, disguised as empty seats, especially in the backstretch stands, down in Texas. That true?

One of the talking heads said early in the broadcast that about 190K were expected for the race today. In the past they have talked about 210K to 215K as the "capacity." Three or four weeks ago Eddie Gossage was quoted in the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram as saying they had about 12K unsold tickets, I have no idea how many they may have sold since then.

I agree, it looks like there are some empty seats. But then again, if you get 190K or so, does that make the race some kind of failure?

Comment

Nascar: doomed
      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
        Switching back and forth, from football to the Cup race down in Texas, it looks like I see a lot of fans, disguised as empty seats, especially in the backstretch stands, down in Texas. That true?
        Yep. But not to worry, I'm sure there were enough people in attendance there to get NASCAR invited back next year . . . . . . twice.
        DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

The series that hires the stars from the little cornfield tracks across this great land continues to thrive.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

And, besides, they charge enough at the food and souvenier stands to make up for a mere 25,000 empty seats.
            Dwight Clock

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy
              Yep. But not to worry, I'm sure there were enough people in attendance there to get NASCAR invited back next year . . . . . . twice.
              Maybe even three times.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
                ...it looks like I see a lot of fans, disguised as empty seats... That true?
                Yes, there are still a few IRL fans in Texas who go to NASCAR races.

Comment

Talking to a co-worker who went to the Cup race yesterday. He said the backstretch seats were pretty full earlier, but for whatever reason a lot of those folks left early or moved. I was surprised at the amount of aluminum late in the race, but there didn't appear to be any openings in the main stands!

BTW, he also said that TMS had made huge progress on the traffic...1 hour from checkers to his house.

Comment

"Switching back and forth, from football to the Cup race down in Texas, it looks like I see a lot of fans, disguised as empty seats, especially in the backstretch stands, down in Texas. That true?"

I was there...main grandstands were pretty well packed...a few empties on the back stretch until late then folks left...Ft Worth paper said 195, 400...I think Gossage is happy...

Comment

I love TMS

I wish the IRL of the late 90's still ran there...
                      "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X