Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busch Baby on Wind Tunnel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Busch Baby on Wind Tunnel

    Anyone catch the Mortified Dave Despain last night?

    He had been promoting Kurt Busch's appearance all week, introduces him, then Kyle walks out, says Kurt had a last minute commitment to fly to Detroit in the morning so he was there to take his place.

    Dave was graceful, but I have a feeling he was none too pleased.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

  • #2
    Well, during the whole show, I kept thinking 'How's Penske going to take this?' Roger's teams have always been the ultimate in terms of professionalism and organization. Could you EVER imagine Mark Donohue, Rick Mears, Danny Sullivan, Emerson Fittipaldi, Rusty Wallace or Al Unser, Jr. do the same?

    Even if Busch the Elder had a prior commitment, why on Earth did he not tell Speed before last night? And what would a 5-minute cell phone call (made at 9:05PM) have taken out of him, just to say: 'I'm sorry Fans, I'm sorry Speed, I'm sorry Dave, but I unfortunately cannot be with you tonight, so here's my brother instead'?

    If I'm a sponsor, a PR rep or a radio (or TV) producer, would I be inclined to book a date for a guest that has a history of blowing his commitments?


    What Busch did yesterday was unprofessional, there's no other word for it.

    Comment


    • #3
      You can't rag on "Baby Busch" for stepping in. I felt sorry for him every time Despain brought up the fact that he was NOT Kurt and was dissapointed Kurt didn't show up

      Hmmmm, makes you wonder which one is the more mature of the 2 Busch Bros.

      Comment


      • #4
        Having known both of the brothers since they were pre-teens, and having watched both of them race locally for years, I can tell you without question that "shrub" is both the better driver and the more mature of the two.

        I liked the way he got in that he had won a race in his rookie year and Kurt hadn't. Watch for good things from young Kyle.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fueler
          Having known both of the brothers since they were pre-teens, and having watched both of them race locally for years, I can tell you without question that "shrub" is both the better driver and the more mature of the two.

          I liked the way he got in that he had won a race in his rookie year and Kurt hadn't. Watch for good things from young Kyle.

          ditto........except I don't know them like you do. Lot's of difference between them..............
          He showed class after the truck race in Memphis when Sprague tried to "wall" him................
          SENسR MODERATOR......

          "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FLB
            Well, during the whole show, I kept thinking 'How's Penske going to take this?' Roger's teams have always been the ultimate in terms of professionalism and organization. Could you EVER imagine Mark Donohue, Rick Mears, Danny Sullivan, Emerson Fittipaldi, Rusty Wallace or Al Unser, Jr. do the same?

            Even if Busch the Elder had a prior commitment, why on Earth did he not tell Speed before last night? And what would a 5-minute cell phone call (made at 9:05PM) have taken out of him, just to say: 'I'm sorry Fans, I'm sorry Speed, I'm sorry Dave, but I unfortunately cannot be with you tonight, so here's my brother instead'?

            If I'm a sponsor, a PR rep or a radio (or TV) producer, would I be inclined to book a date for a guest that has a history of blowing his commitments?


            What Busch did yesterday was unprofessional, there's no other word for it.
            Me thinks it was more along the lines of he had to go to Detroit to discuss his leaving for Penkse next year, doncha think now in retrospect????
            www.dulcetroad.com

            My Band's website!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by badart
              Me thinks it was more along the lines of he had to go to Detroit to discuss his leaving for Penkse next year, doncha think now in retrospect????
              That doesn't change the fact that he could have made a 5-minute call from his cell phone, on the air, to apologize for his absence.

              5 minutes, that's all he needed.

              Comment


              • #8
                agreed, he just had bigger fish to fry.
                www.dulcetroad.com

                My Band's website!!!!

                Comment

                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X