Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of empty seats in Atlanta

I was suprised, Atlanta is a horrible sports city

I think the late fall race has always been known for empty seats.

Comment

I have tix for the fall charlotte race, it has horrible attendance as well, seats are roughly a quarter full from 4 all the way around to 3. I didnt go this year and sold my tickets, but i did get an email from the track the week of that said I could get a cup and busch ticket for $70 total, thats hurts when my seats for just cup are $110
      "I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
      - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

Atlanta is known to be a bad sports town. The Braves even have empty seats at their playoff games, and that was before losing in the first round became a yearly event.
        “We live in a great and free country only because our forefathers were willing to wage war rather than accept the peace that spells destruction” Theodore Roosevelt

"There is nothing patriotic about hating your country, or pretending that you can love your country but despise your government. There is nothing heroic about turning your back on America, or ignoring your own responsibilities." Bill Clinton

Comment

Oh well, I'll bet they had enough people there to get themselves invited back next year.
          DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I think Atlanta has routinely gotten the shaft when it comes to dates. Cold weather, rain, snow. It never seems to end, doesn't matter if it's spring or fall. It sure didn't look too warm there, but at least it was sunny.

I mean really, the place has lights, what would be wrong with moving the date closer to summer, and running it at night? Perhaps they simply can't find a warm city to take the current date.
            Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff
              Lots of empty seats in Atlanta
              I was there. Why weren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff
                I was suprised, Atlanta is a horrible sports city
                Then why were you surprised?
                Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

I thought the attendance looked pretty good.
                  SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                  " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

In actuality, Atlanta was among the 37 highest attended (audited gate) events in North America this year. Those 37 being the Indianapolis 500 at #1, followed by the 36 NASCAR Nextel Cup dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy
                      I think Atlanta has routinely gotten the shaft when it comes to dates. Cold weather, rain, snow. It never seems to end, doesn't matter if it's spring or fall. It sure didn't look too warm there, but at least it was sunny.

I mean really, the place has lights, what would be wrong with moving the date closer to summer, and running it at night? Perhaps they simply can't find a warm city to take the current date.
                      Tough choice because your idea moves them away from a "chase" date.

Comment

There was a ton of empty seats down the back straight.. i wasnt there cause i dont support NASCAR anymore.. I gave up on them after 2001..

Comment

Then you're posting in the wrong forum.
                          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain
                            Then you're posting in the wrong forum.
                            SURELY NOT ????????????????

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by lkchris
                              Tough choice because your idea moves them away from a "chase" date.
                              That's true.
                              Doctorindy.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X