Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could double wing work in NASCAR?

speedtv

here's what F1 might try to eliminate the problem of winged cars running nose-to-tail in the corners- could it work in NASCAR with two 12"x12" or 18"x18" wings at each corner of the trunk instead of a small spoiler all the way across?
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Actually, I'd like to see them go back to STOCK bodies with no air dams or spoilers. Skinnier tires, too. Put the DRIVER back into the picture.

Comment

Make it double jalapeno hot -- and I'm in!
      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I'd also like to see NASCAR ban tape on the noise of a car. Tape should only be allowed after you hit the wall!
        "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
          Actually, I'd like to see them go back to STOCK bodies with no air dams or spoilers. Skinnier tires, too. Put the DRIVER back into the picture.
          Roger that. The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing should consider it wholeheartedly...
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
            Stock engines, too?

Actually, stock bodies aren't safe enough.

Comment

I'd like to see stock bodies and box wings on the trunk lid like you see on the SPEED Touring cars and full bodies cars in Europe and Australia.

And while we're at it, how about REAL headlights and tailights

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSooner
                I'd like to see stock bodies and box wings on the trunk lid like you see on the SPEED Touring cars and full bodies cars in Europe and Australia.

Yeah....THERE'S a good idea. Copy what they do in Europe. Indy car racing did just that and look at how successful that has been.....

Criminy !!!
                "It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSooner

Aaaahhhh, guess that would stop bump drafting!
                  "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                  Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                  www.fairtax.org

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X