10 days late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 days late

Three years and ten days ago Eric Martin was killed at Charlotte . His wife and two daughters lost a great father and husband that day .

No one disputes it was a great loss. I have personally witnessed more than one fatal accident at Lowes Motor Speedway. Blaise Alexander's car was upside down less than 50 yards from me.
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

If any good came from it, present and future drivers are now safer because of Mr. Martin, since spotters are now mandated when cars are on the track. Too bad it took that to have it happen, in hindsight it seemed like common sense.
      "I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
      - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

Originally posted by nm
        No one disputes .
        How do you start off a post about Eruc like that .
        Ask Erics two orphan daugters what they dispute . Sheesh

Comment

Wasn't that the deal where Deborah(sp?) Renshaw's owner (or whoever) was spotting from the top of a trailer and could not see the car stopped at the exit of turn 4? So, Renshaw came barreling through T4 none-the-wiser and by the time she saw the car in the middle of the track it was waaaay too late. Didn't ARCA change the rules after that to require spotters in proper position for every practice and test session? Kind of idiotic (in hindsight) on the part of ARCA, a tragedy for Eric Martin and family. Renshaw was hurt pretty bad too, IIRC.
          "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X