No announcement yet.

2022 NASCAR Cup schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone really think the blockheads out there today are capable of using the common sense and exercising the give and take that would be required to keep racing back to the caution from producing carnage?

Comment

Originally posted by Big G 94 View Post
      Does anyone really think the blockheads out there today are capable of using the common sense and exercising the give and take that would be required to keep racing back to the caution from producing carnage?
      This is a very good point.

And I had no problem with racing to the yellow.

I do have a problem with just giving a lap back for no good reason every time theres a caution.

FWIW, I'd be willing to bet 15 years of GWC's has wrecked more cars and hurt more drivers than 60 years of racing to the yellow flag.
      Last edited by KevMcNJ; 09-21-2021, 05:24 PM.
      Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post

This is a very good point.

And I had no problem with racing to the yellow.

I do have a problem with just giving a lap back for no good reason every time theres a caution.

FWIW, I'd be willing to bet 15 years of GWC's has wrecked more cars and hurt more drivers than 60 years of racing to the yellow flag.

This … if I had to choose between the two, I’d choose racing back to the caution over GWC 100 out of 100 times. Instead of putting the cretins responsible for that caca show at Talladega in jail where they belonged, NASCAR kowtowed to them because IMO they knew it would be an equally stinky caca show but one that would appeal to a certain part of the fan base, the ones whose tweets I shared here who said the 400 at Daytona was the greatest race in years.

Comment

Steve Phelps says more changes are due in 2023.
          NASCAR's Phelps say more changes coming to schedule in the future, new engine to have hybrid components - Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
          Any thought that NASCAR is going back to Chicago or Kentucky is likely wishful thinking.
          The link also has a tidbit about the hybrid powertrains.

Comment

So Phelps now says that “2018” was when NASCAR “hit bottom”.

Really?

Remind me again Steve who was in charge in 2018.

And, Steve, have have you compared this year’s ratings to 2018’s ?

You haven’t hit bottom yet, bun.

Comment

AND: The system could be anything from a “push to pass” arrangement, somewhat similar to DRS in Formula 1, or something more nuanced than that. No details about how this electric power might be delivered have been revealed by NASCAR, although every team will surely receive the same sort of system when it’s eventually rolled out.
              Wouldn't that be more 'similar' to IndyCar push to pass?

DRS makes no changes to engine output...a NASCAR analog to DRS would be laying down that 5" or 8" blade in the back.
              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

The question is: what will be the rules to active the system?

F1's 1-second rule is horrendous. IndyCar's system is much better.

Comment

Hybrid will have two effects on NASCAR. On the track and in the stands.

On the track, it is just "push to pass". In other words, it makes the sport worse. Of course, nobody in NASCAR brain trust knows much about racing.

In the stands, it is just another big sign to the traditional fan base that "your kind is not welcome".

Comment

NASCAR fans don't want EV's or hybrids. They are going to have to forget any semblance of road relevance and follow what they are doing in dirt racing. The engines and cars there don't have anything that translates to real life but that isn't the point. Its entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post
                      NASCAR fans don't want EV's or hybrids. They are going to have to forget any semblance of road relevance and follow what they are doing in dirt racing. The engines and cars there don't have anything that translates to real life but that isn't the point. Its entertainment.
                      By "any semblance of road relevance", are we talking about going to generic unbranded bodies a la dirt late models? That may a bridge too far for many fans due to the loss of automaker rivalries.
                      Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post

By "any semblance of road relevance", are we talking about going to generic unbranded bodies a la dirt late models? That may a bridge too far for many fans due to the loss of automaker rivalries.
                        I'm talking engine technologies. NASCAR already went to the generic body route, the only differences between the cars these days are the nose shapes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X