No announcement yet.

LA Coliseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a double bill with Hot Wheels Monster Trucks?
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

No reason for a smiley. That is a perfect fit. Still not enough would go.

Comment

Originally posted by WatsonRoadster9 View Post
        And those against change and don’t want to think outside the box are they still using rotary phones? Doing the things the old way is not going to grow the sport or appeal to new generations.
        The new things NASCAR is doing isn't growing the sport and appealing to new generations.

If NASCAR tried something new and out of the box that wasn't idiotic and an actual good idea the responses would be different.
        The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

When this first came up I really thought this was a joke just to generate some noise but when they do this and there are 10,000 people in that 100,000 seat stadium it's going to look embarrassing. Setting aside whatever kind of race they put on on what may be a less than one groove track they are rebuilding California Speedway to a short track because it didn't draw any kind of crowd why do they even think this will get any attention in the publicity build up to the Super Bowl.

Also it kicks Bristol in the teeth because up against a Coliseum far older with far more history than the so called Last Great Coliseum that Bristol is billed as is shooting Marcus Smith in the foot.
          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
          "They're criminals"
          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Racing View Post
            I don't really get the hate here. Sure, it's a quarter mile track, but also close to half of the field won't be there. It won't be much different than Martinsville, imo. I think the place will be packed.
            For better or worse, California leads America in trends. First on the bandwagon, first off. If NASCAR is cooling elsewhere in the country, it's already stone cold in California. Everyone who was interested in NASCAR has had almost 25 years to try it in Southern California. Most of those people who tried it have dropped it.

​​is there some reason to think they want to see Cup do a race that isn't much like the brand is famous for delivering? Is there any reason that NASCAR should promote an event it isn't equipped to duplicate. As noted elsewhere, novelty events in other sports are recognizable between the lines.

Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

The new things NASCAR is doing isn't growing the sport and appealing to new generations.

If NASCAR tried something new and out of the box that wasn't idiotic and an actual good idea the responses would be different.
              NASCAR RTAs signed off on it when it was discussed. It’s an exhibition race not an Andretti AutoSport carnival at Milwaukee type promotion. Plus the introduction of the Next Gen car to be more relevant in the current automotive world.

Clearly it had to be done at that time of year in a warmer climate. Closest thing to get to Bowman-Gray.
              Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

NASCAR RTAs signed off on it when it was discussed. It’s an exhibition race not an Andretti AutoSport carnival at Milwaukee type promotion. Plus the introduction of the Next Gen car to be more relevant in the current automotive world.
                Spec cars powered by obsolete push rod V-8s that are found no more street cars than you can count on your hand (and only due to nostalgia rather than practical use) are not relevant to the current automotive world.

They could just as well run it at Daytona if weather is an issue.
                The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

This.

The “Its not 19-whatever” crowd are making a circular argument. Every other sport has, more or less, the same rules with microscopic changes as “19-whatever”. And, thus, about the same role in the general scheme of things as then.

NASCAR, alone, has made MASSIVE and IDIOTIC changes to the rules. And has shed about 2 of every 3 fans its once had.

And now this idiocy.

Comment

I'm guessing if this is somewhat successful they are going to hitch a ride to whatever city is hosting the Super Bowl and holding a 1/4 mile race in a stadium near there. Sounds like desperation on NASCAR's part to try to get some of the media attention from the leadup to the Super Bowl to go their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Racing View Post
                      I don't really get the hate here. Sure, it's a quarter mile track, but also close to half of the field won't be there. It won't be much different than Martinsville, imo. I think the place will be packed.
                      It may be only 20 or so cars, but I don't think people realize how small a football stadium is for a NASCAR race. These things will be going so slow that the speed and noise of a NASCAR race will be lost.

Comment

Clearly it had to be done at that time of year in a warmer climate. Closest thing to get to Bowman-Gray.
                        February isnt always racing weather" in Winston-Salem.
                        😉
                        Live like Dave

Comment

I wonder if eligible teams get some extra appearance money for hauling to the West Coast for this exhibition race.

It was a comparative drop in the bucket to bring one more car down to Florida and fly the crew down for the day as opposed to hauling a car and all the extras and flying the crew 5000 miles round trip.

Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                            I wonder if eligible teams get some extra appearance money for hauling to the West Coast for this exhibition race.

It was a comparative drop in the bucket to bring one more car down to Florida and fly the crew down for the day as opposed to hauling a car and all the extras and flying the crew 5000 miles round trip.

Besides the idiotic move to move the clash to LA, this was my 2nd thought. How much more added costs to make this cross country race that will fail?
                            RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

https://racer.com/2021/09/15/enascar...oliseum-track/
                              e-racing testing at LA Coliseum...
                              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
                                Who says you have to stay on the field?
                                Now I am torn between running the dirt road course, complete with the Hot Wheels ramp or building a proper board track.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X