LA Coliseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the actual... feck..

Nascar has officially jumped the Shark and is headed for oblivion.
    Where are the Indy 500 winning cars? Visit -> http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Gonna be like Bowman Gray.
      If you don’t start up front, you’ll have to bulldoze your way there…which means they’ll probably invert the start.
      I’m gonna go out on a limb and anticipate a lot of yellow laps…or maybe they’ll pinball each other straight.
      ”The Monkey With A Football (insert sponsor here) Clash in Los Angeles”
      Last edited by jandj; 09-14-2021, 10:22 PM.
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

I think it's a a great idea...if they strap'em in midgets instead of stockers...
        "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

The good news is they haven't gone with the jump thru flaming hoops yet

I suppose theres enough race fans on that coast to mostly fill the place.
          Last edited by KevMcNJ; 09-15-2021, 04:08 AM.
          Live like Dave

Comment

Is it April 1st?? putting those car IN the stadium seems silly at best..... not sure why they would bother with the location otherwise though......

Comment

Originally posted by jandj View Post
              Gonna be like Bowman Gray.
              If you don’t start up front, you’ll have to bulldoze your way there…which means they’ll probably invert the start.
              I’m gonna go out on a limb and anticipate a lot of yellow laps…or maybe they’ll pinball each other straight.
              ”The Monkey With A Football (insert sponsor here) Clash in Los Angeles”
              I think trying this idea by running the All Star race at Bowman Grey would have been wise and required very little cost. I'd have done that in 2020 or 2021 or even 2022. If it 'worked' then set the goal higher. Seems silly to truck everything across the country for what used to be a 20 minute race before qualifying.

I guess they want to make a splash, but you can make a splash by dropping a 💩 in a toilet.
              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

At least it's a non points paying race.....

That said, I suspect they may bend up a whole bunch of Next Gen bodywork....
                BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

My Uncle who lives in Orange County and is a huge USC fan, actually even was on the team in the 80's... jokingly said to me yesterday when I asked if anybody would show up "only if they make it a figure 8 and Clay Helton is one of the drivers potentially getting hit"... yikes.

I don't suspect this will be a success. It may draw a halfway decent crowd for year 1, but in a stadium that seats currently I think 80k or so, it'll look awful when 30k at most show up.

If you wanna fix the clash, keep it at Daytona and run the oval. But make the rules different for it so they don't use it as a test session for the Daytona 500. run without a spoiler, or a smaller one, increase the horsepower.
                  RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

In LA there will be nowhere near 30,000 unless it is a drift event. Nobody cares about NASCAR in LA. If they want people they need to give out free tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
                      In LA there will be nowhere near 30,000 unless it is a drift event. Nobody cares about NASCAR in LA. If they want people they need to give out free tickets.
                      Yep.

If they did Fontana wouldn't be turned into a small short track.
                      The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

I don't really get the hate here. Sure, it's a quarter mile track, but also close to half of the field won't be there. It won't be much different than Martinsville, imo. I think the place will be packed.
                        Indianapolis 500s attended: 13
                        Brickyard 400s attended: 13
                        USAC/ WoO etc. races: 48

Comment

It is really not possible to explain just how stupid this idea is.

Start simply with how many people the place could hold after they wedge a track, and, more significantly, a catch fence of the modern type, in the place. Continue with the idea that, under the idiocy of not racing back to the caution, the number of hot laps is going to be tiny. Add in the damage to the place (shocked that USC allows this) and the fact that the place is going under the knife for the Olympics in a couple years, and will be unavailable. Are they going to take this gimmick on the road, wedging in tracks hither and tither (the coliseum has a track and field track, very few other places do) try to sell us on DIS again, or just give up?

Stupid.

Comment

And those against change and don’t want to think outside the box are they still using rotary phones? Doing the things the old way is not going to grow the sport or appeal to new generations. It’s exhibition race… it might be entertaining and let me guess those complaining will still watch. Sounds like they want to try something similar to SRX for this.

It is no longer 1996.
                            Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

ELMS at Spa this weekend is free.

Comment

I expect if successful they can rotate this event to warm weather stadiums and/or covered cold weather stadiums to make an annual "Stadium Clash" special event. This is the benefit of taking the race to the people in cities without a big permanent oval or road course facility nearby that IndyCar street courses and Supercross have that previously was not an option for NASCAR. You have to think that NASCAR execs looked at packed stadiums for Supercross and thought "how can we do that?" Well, we'll see soon.

And it's just the Clash. Who actually cares about the Clash? Stupid, pointless, race since it's inception.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X