No announcement yet.

Maybe Too Early Silly Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the other races could be used for some of the partial funding guys that RWR has historically run. I'm guessing Cody Ware FT in the 51.
    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

The 51 is lined up...Cody Ware will drive the car, announced on Sirius XM.

Newman STILL has no ride, he did an interview with NBC Sports.

Comment

So, it looks like there will be 32 FT drivers and four rideshares (15, 16, 77, 78) among the chartered cars.

Three open teams (MBM, Hezeberg, and Beard) each with one car so far and I expect Gaunt Brothers to join that list and it sounds like there are others.

I'm hoping to assemble my rideshare/open team spreadsheet tonight, I'll start a new thread with the link (Google Sheets) once it's ready.
        Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

Comment

One possible is a RCR Ride with CAT Sponsorship.

I hear Kaz Grala, possible partial Cup possibly including Daytona? Possibly partial Xfinity, wouldn't be surprised if a near full schedule considering that CAT and some other sponsors could do most of the Xfinity schedule.

Comment

on another open entry note, it looks like MBM has gone with a Ford for their Next Gen car based on everything I've seen (highly doubt anyone will go the multi-manufacturer route for a few years [$$$] - unless they need to be able to sell rides to drivers tied to different manufacturers)

Comment

Originally posted by JSJLW View Post
              The 51 is lined up...Cody Ware will drive the car, announced on Sirius XM.

Newman STILL has no ride, he did an interview with NBC Sports.
              Looks like Newman is going to get Biffled. I'll bet he shows up in SRX this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Remi View Post

Looks like Newman is going to get Biffled. I'll bet he shows up in SRX this summer.
                Yeah, I thought Biffle's success in SRX & Truck win would help him get some Xfinity or Cup Series Ride, I heard a rumor that he had issues a while back though.

Comment

This rumor is getting stronger, Kaz Grala may be in with The Money Team, say Adam Stern of Sports Business Journal.

I suspect that CAT/RCR has something to do with this.

Grala has recently appearently has recently spoke of sponsors, right after RCR basically said they are filled up for the season because of New Sponsors that I won't speak of because of the controversy.

This could happen, I have heard they were in discussions from David Land a couple of weeks ago and said he had his reliable sources.

Hope this works better than the Nigerian Prince that tried to run a NASCAR Team or CART Team?
                  Last edited by JSJLW; 01-19-2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

If Mayweather is serious about this, he has the business savvy and connections to get it done. He's criticized for a lot in the boxing world (mostly ducking), but no one questioned how he managed the business end of his career.

Comment

That would get the field to 40. Now the question is: Any bumping in the Duals?

Comment

Re: Bumping in the other Daytona Races

300 (Xfinity): yeah. lots of it. if the field size is reverting to 36, there'd be enough cars to run a consi if they wanted to
                        250 (Trucks) - not sure - probably depends if they're going back to 32 with the return of qualifying or staying at 40
                        200 (ARCA) - highly doubtful - I think every car from ARCA National, East, and West could show up and not cause DNQs

Comment

For 2023 Kyle Busch says he would "Love to stay at JGR."

The problem of course is Sponsors, we will have to wait and see if Kyle/JGR brings in sponsors, would JGR drop the 18 team, or would someone buy the ride.

I still don't rule out Kyle stepping away at the end of 2022 or 23 when his contract is up, I think, because of the New Car.

Comment

Also NY Racing is trying to get their way into the Daytona 500...From what I understand about this guy, he is someone we DO NOT want in NASCAR.

Comment

For 2023 Kyle Busch says he would "Love to stay at JGR."

The problem of course is Sponsors, we will have to wait and see if Kyle/JGR brings in sponsors, would JGR drop the 18 team, or would someone buy the ride.

I still don't rule out Kyle stepping away at the end of 2022 or 23 when his contract is up, I think, because of the New Car.
                              Also, he doesn't really have anything else left to prove. The only thing really missing from his mantle is a Daytona 500, which is a complete crapshoot to win these days and basically completely random.

This is me dreaming in fantasyland.... but I'd love to see him try Indycars, especially the Indy 500.... or possibly more realistic, do some more IMSA racing.
                              RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

Also NY Racing is trying to get their way into the Daytona 500...From what I understand about this guy, he is someone we DO NOT want in NASCAR.
                                I'll believe NY is entering the 500 when I see them on the entry list.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X