• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSJLW
    Insider
    • Mar 2009

Questions about NASCAR Owners...

A little concerned...A lot of NASCAR Owners are getting long in the tooth and I don't really see a lot of younger owners out there other than Hamlin/MJ, and not sure how old Kaulig is?

It does concern me because I have seen in other sports where owners become senile and don't know what they are doing or pass it to their children who don't know what they are doing.

I hope NASCAR doesn't go there, I know Hendrick has tapped Jeff Gordon to take over, I guess Gibbs has his boy Coy, but I always thought J.D. was the one to groomed to take over the operation. I am not sure about Roger, I know he has a son, but he seems to be more of a businessman than a Racing Guy, I know he is a Board Member most of Penske's Operations so I don't see him taking over, not seven sure if he even goes to races, I think he used to go to them with Rusty, they are old pals and everything, but not sure what he does anymore.

I am not sure of the other owners.
    I like to talk about Racing & Rant about Commercials, why because they are irritating...Then again so am I.
  • KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy
    • Apr 2002

Jack Roush is ancient. Richard Childress is getting there.
    Live like Dave

Comment

• JSJLW
      Insider
      • Mar 2009

I forgot Childress, Matt Dillion will take that over one day, and I suspect Ty is being groomed to take over after that...Not sure if they would be any good or not, My Chicago Bears are horrible because of Halas's Daughter one reason why I am asking.

I am not sure about Jack, pretty sure he has kids, but they might be on other end of business like Roger's

Even MJ isn't that young anymore, most be around 60 or so?

Also, there was enough turn around in NASCAR until the last 10-20 Years that this wasn't a problem, even The Woods were rather sane through their lives at least they never seemed senile to me, and their kids were always involved.
      I like to talk about Racing & Rant about Commercials, why because they are irritating...Then again so am I.

Comment

• thehairpin
        Ohioan
        • Sep 2006

Isn't Tim Cindric in line to take over Penske?

Kaulig graduated college in 1996, so he's probably in his mid-40s.
        Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

• MoparsRule
          Insider
          • Dec 2000

Roush seems to be the kind of guy that has already signed a deal and sold it to Fenway.

Dillon boys will surely take over Richer Children Racing.

Gordon will be majority owner at HMS, with JJ in tow as a partner.

Comment

• KevMcNJ
            Is Bat Boy
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by JSJLW View Post
            I forgot Childress, Matt Dillion will take that over one day, and I suspect Ty is being groomed to take over after that...Not sure if they would be any good or not, My Chicago Bears are horrible because of Halas's Daughter one reason why I am asking.

I am not sure about Jack, pretty sure he has kids, but they might be on other end of business like Roger's

Even MJ isn't that young anymore, most be around 60 or so?

Also, there was enough turn around in NASCAR until the last 10-20 Years that this wasn't a problem, even The Woods were rather sane through their lives at least they never seemed senile to me, and their kids were always involved.
            I forgot about Mike Dillon. Hes been driving a desk at RCR for quite some time now.

Remember when Dale Sr bounced his car off the wall a couple times before the race even began and Mike grabbed a helmet and drove the black and silver #3?

Was that his only Cup race?

I dont know.
            Live like Dave

Comment

• JSJLW
              Insider
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post

I forgot about Mike Dillon. Hes been driving a desk at RCR for quite some time now.

Remember when Dale Sr bounced his car off the wall a couple times before the race even began and Mike grabbed a helmet and drove the black and silver #3?

Was that his only Cup race?

I dont know.
              I know that was Darlington Labor Day Race...Forgot which year...There was talk about What Happened with Dale for a week after the event.

I think eventually it was considered Carbon Monoxide Poisoning or something?

But if it was Carbon Monoxide why didn't Dillion get sick? Then again there have been a few other times where there were driver changes and no problems, and usually these issues happen a while after the race. If not that then what?

Comment

• Joe Remi
                World Champion
                • Jul 2010

I think KBM will be a Cup team after Kyle retires. He only killed his Xfinity team because Joe Gibbs made it part of a new contract that Kyle couldn't run against him in one division while driving for him in another.

Comment

• DaveL
                  Insider
                  • Apr 2001

In the past 15-18 or so years NASCAR couldn't have done more to discourage new owners and teams if they tried. I can't think of a series that has openly worked so hard to keep new blood out. Small wonder the ownership base is so elderly by now.

Bottom line is when you lock in starting spots, that means means you're also locking out. If NASCAR rolled out a welcome mat it has said, "Go away and don't come back". Throw in a rule book that doesn't allow any meaningful technical competition of any kind and you won't encourage anyone new with a different idea to try to compete.

They are reaping what they have sown.
                  The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

• JSJLW
                    Insider
                    • Mar 2009

It took people with "influence" that caused the Starting Sports...I keep hearing people on You Tube called "Influencers."

NASCAR has had them for a few years probably always crying to the France Family all the time.

Hint Long-Term Cup Drivers...One got attention for always complaining, the other is a crybaby who gets a job because of his Daddy!

Also, both are calling races now a days.

Comment

• Joe Remi
                      World Champion
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JSJLW View Post
                      It took people with "influence" that caused the Starting Sports...I keep hearing people on You Tube called "Influencers."

NASCAR has had them for a few years probably always crying to the France Family all the time.

Hint Long-Term Cup Drivers...One got attention for always complaining, the other is a crybaby who gets a job because of his Daddy!

Also, both are calling races now a days.
                      I didn't understand a word of this.

Comment

• Z28
                        Reset your fuel,Go Go Go
                        • Aug 2000

I've brought up the aging NASCAR team owner situation before, it's rather obvious with COVID keeping them away from the track

Penske is the group/team I'm least worried about, Greg and Roger jr are in the business and see the value of the racing connection Cindric looks poised to run the race teams.
                        Stewart Haas is in good shape.
                        I'd guess Ganassi has a plan.
                        Ty and Austin Dillon could be better owners than drivers just like grandpa and dad
                        I wonder how much Roush is involved in the decision making at this point, the same for Richard Petty
                        I'd be concerned about Gibbs because the steadiness of Joe is a selling point for the organization

I can see both Kyle Busch and Dale jr shifting from the lower series to Cup

My concern isn't finding a younger generation wanting to be owners or even partnering with billionaires, corporations or athletes it can they have a business model and can work the sponsorship side to keep their teams going because what I don't see is anyone dipping into their on pockets to keep a team afloat waiting to find more money
                        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                        "They're criminals"
                        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

• JSJLW
                          Insider
                          • Mar 2009

The thing about Penske's Boys is that they are in EVERY Penske Business, they have a dozen or so Businesses to run, I don't think they would have time for Business.

Comment

• JSJLW
                            Insider
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Joeremi View Post

I didn't understand a word of this.
                            Let's put it this way Jeff Burton spent his career playing politics in NASCAR, people didn't call him "The Mayor" for nothing, maybe he did some good things with that, but he did call for the Charter System for years, Franchises, Charter, whatever.

Kyle Petty used Trackside Live to celebrate that whole Top 35 Thing years go when it happened, I just think he is useless and has a job because of his father.

Comment

• KevMcNJ
                              Is Bat Boy
                              • Apr 2002

They dont release purses any longer of course but I did see something saying they cut the payout to non charter teams to even less than it already was and added it to the charter team payouts.

They really dont give a $h!t about anyone not in The Club.

Very short sighted.
                              Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X