Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No comments on NASCAR new pit rules for Trucks/Xfinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race cars are complicated. Race cars going in a circle are not.

Originally posted by rrrr View Post

This pretty much sums it up.

What's the point of this?

A two-lap penalty will be issued if a team performs four tires and fuel on any pit stop; changes tires under green (unless approved by NASCAR for damage); or performs four tires on any pit stop (oval track only)
    ​​​​​​
    Makes no sense at all.
    Remember when the rules of the race itself were,

First one to complete X laps wins?

They keep making cars going in a circle too complicated.

I watched David Land attempt to explain the entire pit stop rules package.

He more or less gave up and said something like we'll figure it out when it happens
    Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Z28 View Post
      The Truck series used to have the halftime break which makes more sense than this.
      That was partially needed because some of the short tracks the Trucks used to run at didn't have a full, proper, pit area, or had a "pit area" that was only accessible through on opening on the backstrech wall or something like that. It was out of necessity. But ironically, it's a rule that makes a lot more sense than what they're proposing.

The Trucks are supposed to be the #3 tier series in NASCAR, so I don't think it would necessarily deter from the series if they legislated out "competitive" pit stops. It would be akin to Indy Lights (or even IROC), which doesn't have scheduled pit stops - unless there's damage (but Lights races are shorter in distance too). Just go back to having a 'halftime' red flag, where all trucks can come in and do a, say, unlimited 5 or 10 minute pit stop, and line them up and go out for the second half.
      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post

That was partially needed because some of the short tracks the Trucks used to run at didn't have a full, proper, pit area, or had a "pit area" that was only accessible through on opening on the backstrech wall or something like that. It was out of necessity. But ironically, it's a rule that makes a lot more sense than what they're proposing.

The Trucks are supposed to be the #3 tier series in NASCAR, so I don't think it would necessarily deter from the series if they legislated out "competitive" pit stops. It would be akin to Indy Lights (or even IROC), which doesn't have scheduled pit stops - unless there's damage (but Lights races are shorter in distance too). Just go back to having a 'halftime' red flag, where all trucks can come in and do a, say, unlimited 5 or 10 minute pit stop, and line them up and go out for the second half.
        The early truck races were 100-125 miles in length; only 1 break required for enough fuel to finish.. Today most of the truck races are in the 200-250 mile range; I suppose they could just put in a 5-10 min break at each stage.with the field frozen at each 'green/checkered'. Kinda like hockey with 3 periods...
        BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I don't find the rules to be that challenging at all. Your line is pretty simple and really not all that different that what you typically end up with.

Cars that stayed out.
          Cars that pitted once - 2 tires
          Cars that pitted a second time - 4 tires I think based upon how I read it.
          Penalized cars.

If you want complicated go to a short track race with passing points, inverts, dashes and last chance races. Those take a little more thinking about where a guy might end up in the A main line up. Especially since a lot of series have their own rules that differ wildly from each other.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X