Bubba Wallace spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba Wallace spin

I read that Bubba Wallace spun intentionally at Texas.

Why did he do that? What was the object of the game?

Bad Bubba ...
    https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/11...ning-at-texas/

Comment

So, he spun himself to get a caution under which he could pit?

Or was there more to it than that?

Comment

I haven't gone past the headline, but usually it's not to loose a lap.

Comment

Maybe his arm was itchy...
          I'll see YOU at the races!

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post
            I read that Bubba Wallace spun intentionally at Texas.

Why did he do that? What was the object of the game?
            While not speaking of the Bubba Wallace incident specifically, the idea of spinning one's own car intentionally is old hat in racing, especially in NASCAR. One of the most common forms of intentional spinning in NASCAR involved the use of a designated spinner. Top drivers or teams would pay lesser-ranked drivers or teams for intentional spins when it would most hurt their competition and most aid them. A driving son of a successful short track stock car driver made a lot of money in NASCAR by spinning his car intentionally. He used to march through the garage area prior to a race soliciting bids for intentional spins. Another reason to intentionally spin has been to bring out a yellow or otherwise create a break in the action that would benefit the spinner. For many, a driver spinning his own car intentionally has been considered a no harm, no foul part of the sport unless done blatantly. Drivers the likes of Bobby Unser, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Gilles Villeneuve have all admitted to spinning his car intentionally.

Comment

That is why there is a rule saying you cannot cause a caution and get a lap back.

Comment

Going from memory he had a tire go down. If he had to nurse it all the way around under green he would have lost multiple laps.

Far better to loop it and wait for the yellow so you can limp back to your pit with the field going around the track at the same speed you're going.

He was going to lose a lap. But that's better than losing 2 or 3 laps.
                Live like Dave

Comment

Yeah, let's face it, it has more than likely been done...He was the man who confessed to it and NASCAR had no choice but to fine him.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X