Rumors? New Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now they are saying they are "associated" with a "New Team..."

New to Cup? Brand New Team? I am hoping that they hire a youngster like Haley or Nemechek, etc. Although Nemechek is probably signed at FRM.

Justin Allgaier would also be a good choice.

Comment

Now that Cassill is available, maybe he might be the driver.

Comment

I forget who said it but one of the hosts on the NASCAR channel said this week that the team charters has turned out to be a terrible idea that stifles new team creation.

I forget who said it and I am paraphrasing but that was the general theme of their comments.

If nothing else it's and added expense that is essentially a shake down to enter the club.

I'm sure someone trying to start a Cup team can think of better ways to spend a few million dollars than on a piece of paper that guarantees they will qualify for 36 races that don't have enough entries to fill that he grid.
        Last edited by KevMcNJ; 11-29-2019, 11:55 AM.
        Live like Dave

Comment

I have a feeling they might buy a charter probably from FRM, we will just see. Announcements like these are usually done either early-mid December or in January.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
            I forget who said it but one of the hosts on the NASCAR channel said this week that the team charters has turned out to be a terrible idea that stifles new team creation.
            Was it you? Me? Or any one of 20 some odd other posters that said that right here at TF 2 or 3 years ago?

Comment

Having the Car Owners running everything is crazy...Ask CART

I understand provisional starters, maybe a 30-30 rule, where if you can qualify in the top 30 you make the show, followed by those in the top 30 in points.

Then again you might hear Kyle Petty whining about it like he was before the Top 35 Rule! You know when he was on Speed in that one party show in the infield on Friday, I forgot the name of that show.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X