Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blink of an Eye documentary- Incredible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blink of an Eye documentary- Incredible!

Just saw the Blink of an Eye documentary on Michael Waltrip/Dale Sr. last night at our local theater (one-night only).
    Absolutely incredible film. I've seen just about racing documentary and full-length movie there is to see, and this rates right near the top of all-time.
    What Michael Waltrip went through in his career is the stuff only fiction can come up with, but it was all real.
    Did anyone else see it? I recommend it for any motorsports fan, or even non-fan
    I initially found out about it in the very positive review on RACER.com by Eric Johnson.
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Went to the theater to see it and the 7:00 pm start time yesterday, the manager comes in to tell us the projector is broken and there will be no showing. Refunds issued via gift card, but I don’t normally go to movies. No other shows in the Chicago area.

Hoping it comes out on a streaming service.
    Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Anything on attendance?
      "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by window View Post
        Anything on attendance?
        I went to the showing in Mesa, Arizona and every seat was filled. It thought the movie was great and was a great insight into what Michael Waltrip went though throughout his career. The one thing I didn't like was that you can tell they sourced some of the archive footage from YouTube which which doesn't translate well on the big screen and to me seemed cheap and lazy considering who and what this movie was about. Maybe I'm just nit-picking.
        "We let bygones be under the bridge..." AJ Foyt

Comment

Our one showing in Dubuque was right in the middle of a huge thunderstorm which probably kept attendance down as well as delaying the show by a half hour due to the internet being down.
          "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
          "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
          "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Quesadilla View Post
            The one thing I didn't like was that you can tell they sourced some of the archive footage from YouTube which which doesn't translate well on the big screen and to me seemed cheap and lazy considering who and what this movie was about. Maybe I'm just nit-picking.
            If most of the archival footage is from 480p television broadcasts, there’s not much that can be done about improving the resolution of the images.

MichaelP had the same criticism of "Senna" and I reminded him that it was a documentary with actual race footage, not a recreation for a movie.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X