Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Long Paul Menard, #21 Matt Dibenedetto

https://sports.yahoo.com/paul-menard...6.html?src=rss

Paul Menard to hang up his helmet and making a huge step up in his career, your new Wood Brothers #21 driver is Matt DiBenedetto
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Good move for Wood Brothers and for Matt DiBenedetto. Looking forward to seeing how well Matt does next year in essentially Penske equipment.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Sorry guys, but judging by Points Standings this year...Maybe Matti Di, but Matti Taylor Swift, or whatever are about the same except that Matti seems to have made an advance in the last few races.

Comment

DiBennedetto has worked his way from being a start and park in Xfinity for Key Motorsports to a paid full time ride with the Woods in Cup. Good for him. He managed to get some speed from time to time out of the BK sleds, so lets' see what he can do with a good car for a change.
        The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Great step up, once again. The kid really put himself out there and performed once hired. He'll be a champion before this is over, and sponsors likely will appreciate the chance to support him as well now that he is in a ride with the potential to win races. Happy for Matt.

Comment

On one hand I am not sure he left the 32 team and Corey LaJoie is actually doing just as good?

Comment

Good move by the Wood Brothers. DiBenedeto has proven himself this year and deserves a chance.
              DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Where do all the Paul Menard fans go now?
                Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                  Where do all the Paul Menard fans go now?
                  To save big money on lumber and Herrs potato chips.

Comment

Does the Menard sponsorship hang around???

Comment

Wasn't Paul Menard already semi-retired? He sure drove like it.....
                      "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Menards is good for another year. With their involvement with Penske on the Indy Car side, there will continue to be some crossover as long as Wood Bros is a Penske satellite team.

Comment

Originally posted by Belanger99 View Post
                          Wasn't Paul Menard already semi-retired? He sure drove like it.....
                          I thought my earlier comment was mean-spirited.

You got me beat though.
                          Live like Dave

Comment

With enough financial support almost anyone can be a nascar journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28 View Post
                              https://sports.yahoo.com/paul-menard...6.html?src=rss

Paul Menard to hang up his helmet and making a huge step up in his career, your new Wood Brothers #21 driver is Matt DiBenedetto
                              Dibitty dibitty, Dats all folks!!
                              "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X