Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richmond--Monster--

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Agree with Unzerdog. These cars are just too easy to drive. It's like watching a follow the leader slot car race.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post
      That wasn't short track racing. Not a twitch nor a wiggle out of any of them. They are stuck to the ground, single file, 1.2 seconds apart.

      If they ain't rubbin', it ain't racin'.
      First things these cars need is a massive infusion of horsepower.

      Comment


      • #18
        When Boyer pulled up alongside Truex, don't they both have clean air?

        ==

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TommyTipover View Post
          Agree with Unzerdog. These cars are just too easy to drive. It's like watching a follow the leader slot car race.
          Agree as well.

          Tires are way too good as well; at least for the length of a pit segment.

          If you want to really liven things up and make the driver work a little go to a much harder tire that could potentially run the majority of the race without a change. The cars would be a whole lot harder to driver and there would be a real premium on handling and using available power.

          Better yet mandate the use of DOT tires. Many street cars are running around today on tires that are vastly superior to the racing tires of the late 1960s/early '70s when Cup cars were running 200+ MPH at Daytona. There are plenty out there that would work just fine and would actually be safer than the short life "racing" tires in use today. If you're supposed to be racing real stock cars then maybe you should be racing actual real stock tires as well.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DaveL View Post
            Nine races in and two teams have won every race. Talledega is next, that's the best chance for another team to win. After that it'll be more of the same. SHR will get their wins before it's all over. There just aren't that many good teams in Cup anymore.
            That is a problem. Roush and Childress are decent, but it seems they can't breakthrough and get a win. Hendrick too.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

              First things these cars need is a massive infusion of horsepower.
              Funny you say that. My friend and I couldn't hear the cars at all this weekend. I sat in his driveway friday night and couldn't hear the XFinity. It was drizzling where we were and we couldn't decide if they were running or not. 3 miles east of the track, you should be able to hear, especially when they go to caution.

              Last night in the city, a mile and a half due west, i stood outside and couldn't hear them. The sound should be bouncing off the buildings.

              "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by indyrjc View Post

                Agree as well.

                Tires are way too good as well; at least for the length of a pit segment.

                If you want to really liven things up and make the driver work a little go to a much harder tire that could potentially run the majority of the race without a change. The cars would be a whole lot harder to driver and there would be a real premium on handling and using available power.

                Better yet mandate the use of DOT tires. Many street cars are running around today on tires that are vastly superior to the racing tires of the late 1960s/early '70s when Cup cars were running 200+ MPH at Daytona. There are plenty out there that would work just fine and would actually be safer than the short life "racing" tires in use today. If you're supposed to be racing real stock cars then maybe you should be racing actual real stock tires as well.
                I went down to Salem Speedway today for the ARCA race. I don't know anymore, but they used to run the street stocks on a narrow tire harder than a rock. They were still really fighting loose in the corners. It was great to watch. Jeff Burton came up into the stands to watch, he was there with Harrison. Joe Gibbs was there but didn't see him until Ty came out to race in the ARCA car.

                Comment


                • #23
                  IMG_2683.JPGIMG_2684.JPGIMG_2685.JPGIMG_2686.JPG
                  "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Skinny tires on a modified. This kids first time in a modified. Riding the cushion, at Southside
                    IMG_0847.JPG
                    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yes! Stock cars without crap dragging on the track! Very cool set of photos Unzerdog.
                      "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

                      http://davidm.smugmug.com/

                      http://www.jacksracephotos.net/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                        First things these cars need is a massive infusion of horsepower.
                        Isn't this one of the places where they're in their full unrestricted glory?

                        Originally posted by MoparsRule
                        Can Fox use any tighter shots? Can't hardly see any racing on the track the shots are so tight.
                        I didn't think the stands were THAT empty, were they?
                        You have the IndyCar you deserve.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dalz View Post

                          Isn't this one of the places where they're in their full unrestricted glory?



                          I didn't think the stands were THAT empty, were they?
                          I think so on the engines.

                          Crowd looked decent considering everyone assumed it would get rain delayed to Sunday.

                          I'm sure the walk up crowd was off in a big way.
                          Live like Dave

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            While watching the race, I brought up YouTube on my TV and watched a little of the 2008 IndyCar race at Richmond, because I wanted to visually compare the speeds of the cars.
                            I was shocked at the crowd shots from '08. I honestly think the crowd at the IndyCar race 11 years ago was larger than what they had on Saturday night.

                            https://youtu.be/linncO4pcf4

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by dalz View Post

                              Isn't this one of the places where they're in their full unrestricted glory?


                              I didn't think the stands were THAT empty, were they?
                              Yes, and it's not enough HP for these cars the way they are now, IMO.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                                Yes! Stock cars without crap dragging on the track! Very cool set of photos Unzerdog.
                                It only took me 8 years to be able to post pictures!! I have alot of catching up to do! .

                                "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X