Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NASCAR team would offer Sam a multi-million dollar multi-year contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NASCAR team would offer Sam a multi-million dollar multi-year contract?

Just trying to take a step back here and think logically about what is going on. From a NASCAR team owner's perspective, Sam is a completely unproven commodity in stock cars. He has had a couple of good IROC races, but hasn't set the world on fire. And Sam has exactly zero Busch or ARCA starts.

This begs the question, which NASCAR team would offer an unproven stock car racer (but a great talent) a contract that would be enough to make him choose NASCAR over the IRL. One would think the contract would have to be at least a few million $ per year and for multiple years. Who in NASCAR would offer that kind of money, when there are so many good young racers in Busch and NTC who have tons more experience than Sam.

I'm just saying that I don't think Sam would leave unless he had an unbelievable offer from NASCAR. And I have a hard time believing anyone in NASCAR would offer that much cash to some guy who drives those fancy Indy Cars.

Just my 2 cents. I'm thinking he will either driver for Penske and do some WC races, or will drive for Richard Childress in the IRL and do some WC races.
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Here's another thing to consider: Would Sam be willing to spend a full year in BGN in order to develop fender car skills? To me, that would be the same "step down" that JJ Yeley would be taking were he to go into Infiniti Pro Series.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan
      Here's another thing to consider: Would Sam be willing to spend a full year in BGN in order to develop fender car skills? To me, that would be the same "step down" that JJ Yeley would be taking were he to go into Infiniti Pro Series.

...Tony Stewart did it and the pay-off has been pretty good.
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

That was during his last full IRL season. I don't think Sam would run BGN only or a mixed schedule in 2004.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X