X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petty Enterprises is going back to the drawing board yet again

Another New Path

...blah, blah, blah.

Changes are definitely needed...in just about every category.

I liked this;

>>>So will Fittipaldi be in that car again next year? There is speculation that Jeremy Mayfield may get a Petty ride.

Petty said: 'Our plan is for Christian to be in that car next year, and that's the plan we've laid out for General Mills. However, if all of sudden Tony Stewart, for example, comes knocking at the door, then he's either going to get my seat or Christian's.

'Barring unforeseen circumstances, Christian will be in that car. But I won't give you a definitive, because I don't think there are any definitives in racing any more ... except we're Petty Enterprises and we're going to be here for a while.'
    <<<

...talk about the kiss of death!

Didn't Kyle also express these same thoughts about Andretti just a few months ago?!
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Translation from Kyleish to English:

I am KYLE PETTY and I get a car to drive, period.

We have no sponsor for the #43, but if we can con General Mills to come back or some other sponsor, then we will run that too. Otherwise its the KYLE PETTY #43 Georgia Pacific Dodge.

If we get two sponsors, we would like to sell the 43 seat to CF. If the sponsors make us, we will sell it to Dodge and Evernham, who are stuck with Mayfield and the could park him here for a year and allow the #19 to take another driver.

I AM KYLE PETTY. You are not.

Its all the team's fault. I ran the team, but its not my fault.

We have an unlimited capacity to make bad cars and NASCAR has plenty of numbers in the 40-series. If you have a rich daddy, you too can be a NASCAR driver. No talent required.

Show me the money.

--

Kyle: Fire yourself and let Richard merge the team into some serious operation and salvage something from what he, you uncle Dale, and your grandfater built.

Comment

Originally posted by SamC
      We have an unlimited capacity to make bad cars...

...that's hilarious!
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

No...no...no...no... not another "farewell tour".. I still have the diecast from Pop's. Bring back HARRY GANT !!! Even Bobby Hillin...or dial 1-800-Dicktrickle....

Comment

I have no idea on whatever happened to Bobby Hillin But I don't think Dick Tricke is officially retired and Harry Gant has been known to drive a Truck race now and then since being a full-time Cup driver.

Best driver Petty Enterprises could get as early as 2004 is Bobby Hamilton. He's won with that team in the past, but I think he's totally committed to winning the Craftsman Truck Series title this season...
          "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Would it be possible for Petty Enterprises to merge with A.J. Foyt Enterprises? Maybe they could scrape one decent car together out of the four @#$%wagons they put out there now.

I just find this absolutely amazing...all that money, talent, and history, and unsponsored Tony Raines makes both of those teams look like they couldn't even compete in a USAR Hooters Cup race.
            Johnny Lightning beats them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Teej
              I have no idea on whatever happened to Bobby Hillin
              Despain was asked this question on WindTunnel about 2 weeks ago - he subsequently reported Bobby & family have moved back to TX and are doing fine.

More details (including contact info) would be very welcome.

As for Kyle...I don't think he's thought too highly of Bobby since Daytona 1993.

Even though it was Earnhardt's fault. :mad:

Comment

For the experience-of-old-age-disadvantaged on this forum, what happened in 93?
                Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Originally posted by StatMan:
                  For the experience-of-old-age-disadvantaged on this forum, what happened in 93?
                  StatMan, this is the short version.

Kyle wasn't the only one with bad luck that day. As pole sitter, it was just the best car he ever had there.

The race is really known best for the "coverage" Ned Jarrett gave his son on the last lap.

I remembered the race because I had to work that Sunday to get some work ready for issue on Monday. Two of us sat at our workstations and watched the race on a pocket TV between us while working on some drawings.

Comment

I think the Petty Team is actually paying the Foyt Team to show up every week so they're not the worst team out there.
                    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X