Cup drivers willing to pay for a NASCAR safety team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup drivers willing to pay for a NASCAR safety team

Jimmie Johnson said that drivers are willing to spend their own money to provide a full-time traveling safety team that NASCAR executives have steadfastly refused to pay for.
    The interview is found in the Winston-Salem paper.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Holy loop-hole Batman!

Great idea.

Kinda lets NASCAR off the hook about having to supply a full time creew to every track and series under the NASCAR umbrella.
    Live like Dave

Comment

OK..........it's your turn to play your card Bill..................
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ
        Holy loop-hole Batman!

Great idea.

Kinda lets NASCAR off the hook about having to supply a full time creew to every track and series under the NASCAR umbrella.
        Yes it does. That IS a rather clever thing, isn't it?
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

One better:

The drivers put the thing together.

The drivers find a sponsor that pays for it all. What sponsor wouldn't want to have, as spokesmen, every single NASCAR driver?

The drivers share the profits, or donate them to charity.
          http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch:

One better:

The drivers put the thing together.

The drivers find a sponsor that pays for it all.

What sponsor wouldn't want to have, as spokesmen, every single NASCAR driver?

The drivers share the profits, or donate them to charity.
            Sponsorship by a nationally recognized health care or insurance provider ought to be a natural for this venture.

Hiring Bill Simpson to manage it would be poetic justice.

Comment

I am serious about this. Why doesn't a group of drivers approach Dr. Jerry Punch to spearhead this effort. Who knows better.

Comment

Somebody will "squat" on this idea.:mad: I will be extreamly surprised to see the drivers given this much power. The sactionioning body will NOT accept something they donot have TOTAL control over.
                Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by fivehundred2go
                  Somebody will "squat" on this idea.:mad: I will be extreamly surprised to see the drivers given this much power. The sactionioning body will NOT accept something they donot have TOTAL control over.
                  I imagine you're right..........
                  SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                  " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

How about a better idea? Maybe look before making a boneheaded move that sends other drivers out of the race? That way the safety teams may have a little less to do. Yes, Todd Bodine and Rusty Wallace, I'm talking to YOU....
                    "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X