Fittiplaldi blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fittiplaldi blows

Christian simply can't drive WC cars. That's all there is to it. He was a decent OW driver but in NASCAR he blows.

Jerry Neadeu took a road course car out of the Petty stable and using his road racing skills put the car at the front and would have won had it not been for a broken rear end.

Christian has had two similar opportunities to display his road racing skills and has done nothing.

The Petty hardware is low grade at best so I wasn't expecting CF to light the world on fire but his performance has been more pathetic that would be expected. Specially on a road course where another driver showed that a Petty car can run up front.

Give it up Christian, go ahead and retire from racing. You had a good run, and made some money I assume but brother, you ain't doing yourself any favors in this situation.

I'm sure that about now, he's thinkin' the same thing you are!
    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

No question...that was another lousy day for Petty Enterprises.
      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Search: Last good day for Petty Enterprises.

Searching. . . 2003. . . 2002. . .2001. . .
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

So much for riding the wave of NASCAR into Brazil
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

NASCAR is tough.
            "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

The downfall of Petty Enterprises coincides with when crew chief Robbie Loomis went to Hendrick to the 24car.

Christian Fittipaldi went to Cup because of the $$$ I don't know if its too late treturn to OW or not!?!?!

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

No one is going to look good in a Petty sled and even worse driving for Foyt. At the time he was punted, Fittipaldi was running in the high 20s which as fast as that car is going to go.

I'm not saying Crashtian is that good of a racer. He isn't. His tenure in CART proved that. But his hardware isn't helping him either.

Last weekend both Morgan McClure cars dnq'd at IMS. David Reutimann, who I'm sure we'd all agree is a fine driver in his own right, was driving one of those rolling turdballs. Sometimes the driver just doesn't make a difference no matter how good he is.
                The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

The last good day at Petty (this seat for sale) Enterprises was the day before Kyle Petty took over control of it.

Under Kyle the cars a marginal. One seat is provided for him, dispite his status as a has-been/never-really-was, and one or more seats are for sale to the highest bidder, no talent necessary.

The whole deal survives on the residual glow of Richard's not insignificant popularity as a pitchman and the Brazilianaire/Buckshot buy-a-ride money.

In a year or two the whole deal will be gone, because the sponsors will have had enough. The only question is, is Kyle so out of it that he will force us to watch an even more marginal unsponsored effort limp along until the liquidators show up?

Kyle: fire YOURSELF.

Comment

Sam C.....You got it!
                    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed

Gotta say perhaps the last "good" day for Petty Enterprises was July 4, 1992. Richard started on the front row for the Pepsi 400, led the first few laps, but sadly being in the heat took it's toll on Richard, had to drop out...his last time at Daytona didn't end as they wanted, then he went out in a blaze at Atlanta, almost an omen that the future without Richard behind the wheel was bleak...

Kyle should step aside, I bet he will too. They HAVE to cut back the effort and try to concentrate on getting one car running, not 3 or 4. I know the days of the one-car teams in NWC are all but gone, but having 3 cars in the stable at Petty isn't helping, it's hurting. And how come they're so far beind in the Dodge effort, all the other Dodge cars do very well...with Petty's history with Mopar, you'd think they'd get help...
                      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Fittipaldi was running in the high 20s which as fast as that car is going to go.

Not true. Petty Enterprises last good day was Sears Point last year when the #44 had the race sewn up and the rear end broke.

See that's exactly my point about CF, if Jerry Neadau can put a Petty Enterprises car up front on a road course then someone like CF should be able to as well.

Comment

OH no......not another one of "them thar" farewell tours"....and this time they are going to take Emmo's (where is the orange juice) nephew along. Actually the tour started a few years ago...they did not formally announce it.

Comment

Originally posted by silva2
                            Not true. Petty Enterprises last good day was Sears Point last year when the #44 had the race sewn up and the rear end broke.
                            I was referring to a circa 2003 Petty effort. That team is getting worse with each passing year.

See that's exactly my point about CF, if Jerry Neadau can put a Petty Enterprises car up front on a road course then someone like CF should be able to as well.
                            Ayrton Senna couldn't put a Petty car up front right now.
                            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed

Try the day John Andretti came from two laps down to win at Martinsville.
                              http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X