Payback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payback?

Biffle taking Gordon out in turn one at the Glen - looked pretty intentional to me. Bet there are no "Repurcussions" from the "Organization" (******)

How about Harvick on the last lap? Gordon had a rough day!
    "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

At least Biffle took responsibility and apologized .
      Harvick was his usual charming self.....
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Harvick needs to grow a new set of eyes in the back of his head. He isn't paranoid, somethin' is after him!
        My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

I think this is a situation where Harvicks past run ins are hurting him. Gordon may or MAY NOT have been trying to get out of his way but none the less he was out of fuel and off the pace. Harvick rounded that turn and had no where to go. If he went left he would have put it in the wall, if he went right he would have placed himself dangerously in the path of the rest of the traffic because Harvick himself had to slow. Remember he lost a position on that Gordon blunder. Gordon knew for a whole lap that he was out of fuel but he stayed in the racing groove through the last turn and off the pace and blocking traffic. I think anyone else would have had no other choice but to go through him. I dont see how he could have avoided it.

Murffee

Comment

When your coming 'round a turn and the car right in front of you runs out of gas its not easy to avoid hitting him from behind.
            Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

If he would have only hit him one time, that argument would be valid. At this point, it's purely academic anyway. One of the things I have always liked about stock cars (all series), is that it is still a contact sport. C-ya next week!
              My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

On ESPN2, Harvick said he got into Gordon and hated it. The camera quickly panned away. Probably to avoid showing the snicker.
                "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Didn't see it but heard that Jeff had been out of gas for a whole lap; if so, why then was he still in the racing groove? If you're off the pace, move over, don't clog up the track or you'll get run over.
                  The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

I wonder if he was waiting for Johnson to come up and give him a push. Jimmie was right there. Would that have been legal? Still doesn't explain why he was in the groove, though.

Comment

Don't think it is "Legal" for a teamate to push another on the LAST LAP. Might be OK during the race. Guess it depends on how NASCAR feels that day, as to what rule they want to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
                        Don't think it is "Legal" for a teamate to push another on the LAST LAP. Might be OK during the race. Guess it depends on how NASCAR feels that day, as to what rule they want to use.
                        Yup, the rule says you can't be pushed on the final lap...it's been tested before...Harry Gant won a race at Talladega in '91, and he had the lap car of his teammate (Rick Mast I believe) following him VERY closely. Gant was streching it real far, and said the two were merely drafting together...video showed what could have been a few "bump drafts," that could have been called pushing, but NASCAR said it was indeterminate, and let the win stand.

I've seen plenty of guys push their friends in on the cool down lap, if they ran out of gas after the checker, but if they do it on the final lap, the last lap is DQ'd...
                        Doctorindy.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X