Lights at Darlington??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights at Darlington??

This is a race with dates in March and Novemeber, so they are going to put up lights?

That doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't it be a tad cool to be racing at night at those times of year?

Here's links to their weather:

March

November

Yep - a tad cool.

jcr

Comment

At the risk of being moved.......

I imagine with their new dates NASCAR has given them for 2004, Darlington may look for another series to fill in that eight month vacancy between races...
      "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

The March race is the one that ticket sales are dropping. Look for that to be moved. The Southern 500 in November may crown a champion and doesn't really need any extra incentive to go.
        Preserving America's oval track tradition:
        1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Obviously, NBC is interested in plugging the Saturday night hole in its woeful prime time line up with NASCAR and college football. Look for over half of the Sept-Nov schedule (and one to three Notre Dame games) to be ET night events within a few years.

It has little to do with the live gate, and everything to do with TV.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X