Proof: Toyota would be OK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof: Toyota would be OK!

I've seen proof that racefans will accept Toyota in the Nextel Cup Series. I always notice the different IRL and NASCAR stickers on vehicles as I travel to and from work. Here are the Nextel Cup related items I've spotted to come to this conclusion.

1. 2003 black Toyota Tundra with a DEI 3 on the tailgate.

2. 1975? Ford F150 with DEI 3 in the rear window.

3. 2001 Dodge Ram with a DEI 3 in the middle of the rear window, with a Bud 8 in each corner.

So I say to myself. Either these guys use any free sticker they get, or they pull for the team they like regardless of what they drive on the track. Toyota just needs to get Harvick or Dale to drive and they'll be set!

I've heard plenty of verbal proof, from long-time NASCAR fans that Toyota will NOT be easily accepted in NASCAR.

As for one of your last statements. The average NASCAR fan pulls for what ever team they want regardless of what the FAN drives TO the track.

Example - seeing #3, #8 and #24 stickers on Mustangs, F150's and 4Runners.
    Weirdest one I've seen yet. A huge NASCAR sticker on the back of a Saab.
    To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

Oh yeah, as for who will be driving these Toyota's. I'll take a guess and say, whoever is driving for Penske, Ganassi, Bill Davis and half of the Pontiac teams.

Unfortunately, It looks like Dodge could come up the biggest loser come 2007.

Once GM finally puts Pontiac to rest (in NASCAR). It puts a few more teams in play.
      To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by MD-IRLFAN
        I've heard plenty of verbal proof, from long-time NASCAR fans that Toyota will NOT be easily accepted in NASCAR.
        One of my co-workers stated that his father-in-law was not at all thrilled to hear that. That would be the end for him. His reasoning went back to WWII. The man his daughter married drove him up to TMS in a Camry.

Comment

Are they still married?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X