Harvick @ BY400: Best Burnout Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvick @ BY400: Best Burnout Ever?

Congrats to Kevin Harvick, both for his win at the Brickyard 400 AND for putting on possibly the best burnout ever done in a NASCAR.

For those that missed it, check it out on SportsCenter. He laid rubber non-stop from the yard of bricks all the way to the entrance of turn 1. The smoke was so thick that you couldn't see anything on the front straight, and he completely burned through his left rear tire, destroying the quarterpanel.

"Best... Burnout... Ever."

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

I don't like burnouts......a little to "*******" for my taste. I saw it as a desecration to the Speedway, imo.

Comment

I got no problem with it, in Victory Lane he seemed to be pretty pleased to have won the "Indy 5........er, Brickyard 400" If I was a body shop guy at RCR, I would expect him to buy MANY beers to pay for the reskinning of the quarter panel. Hey man it aint like he did a yard job on the logo down in turn one!
      "I'm a Rodeo-de-oh-deo-deo-de-Cowboy borderin on the Insane"

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hortaculture"

"When The Going Get's Wierd, The Wierd Turn Pro"

Comment

I've been pretty much a " traditionalist " when it comes to IMS. I'm not too big on NASCAR being there, but that's ok. Having said that, I thought the burnout was great.

Comment

Best burnout I seen was when the 16 truck won at KC a couple of years ago--mike bliss i think it was burned out a 1 and a 6 at the start finish line pretty as ya please. and he still had 4 tires left!

Comment

Guess whose car could not be impounded for wind tunnel duty.

They decided to do wind tunnel test after the "BRICK"
            Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Did Johnson or Busch do a burnout Saturday as I thought I saw marks from a burnout on the track when he started his

Comment

My favorite type of burnout has donuts.

Comment

I didn't catch all of his Brickyard burnout, but SPEED showed the one from Atlanta in 2001, that was pretty impressive!!!

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

While his burnout was quite impressive, I feel they're getting a little old. I like the victory lap with the checkered flag idea.

Just for discussion - By the right rear of Harvick's car being basically torn to shreds and the tire getting blown to bits, how did that affect post-race inspection? Now, I'm not even suggesting that any foul play was afoot but, what's to keep someone from doing it in the future?

With the blown right tire, did his car fail post-race inspection for ride height?
                    To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by jrandrew00
                      Did Johnson or Busch do a burnout Saturday as I thought I saw marks from a burnout on the track when he started his
                      I'm watching the replay on Speed and was wondering the same thing - where did the burnouts come from BEFORE the BY400 - did they come from the IROC race?

FWIW - I think the burnouts are uncalled for. Celebration is one thing, but defacing someone else's property is amature. I'd have no problem with track owners imposing LARGE fines if they don't want that kind of crap at their tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_22
                        I'm watching the replay on Speed and was wondering the same thing - where did the burnouts come from BEFORE the BY400 - did they come from the IROC race?

FWIW - I think the burnouts are uncalled for. Celebration is one thing, but defacing someone else's property is amature. I'd have no problem with track owners imposing LARGE fines if they don't want that kind of crap at their tracks.
                        I think it's getting real old real fast. Zanardi did some and that was cool. Earnhardt did one at Daytona in '98 (well, more like power slide donuts) after that though, it's more like a 'alright, just get back to the pits already'
                        Doctorindy.com

Comment

Best burn out ever was this guy Scott I knew in the 80s.

We went to this Dead show in Philly once and....

oh sorry wrong board & wrong kinda burn-out

BUrn outs became dumb once EVERYBODY had to do it.

They will be illegal as soon as some 10 year old is hit with 5 pounds of Goodyear.
                          Live like Dave

Comment

I can see a driver doing it if it's his first win, but after a while I fell like gee act like you've been to the winner circle before.
                            "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X