Don't rip up the bricks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't rip up the bricks!

Is it me or does anybody cringe when the NASCAR boys do burn outs over the yard of bricks? That section is fragile, and I hope Harvick didn't do any harm...

I recall they were afraid that Schumacher would rip them up back in the first USGP, so they moved the front row back...

Notwithstanding that, would that be pehaps the best burnout ever...one hard enough to rip the tire off the rim and tear apart the sheet metal....those tracks will be there come next May!!!
    Doctorindy.com

They moved the start back because they are slippery.
    I don't like the burnout either,
    I would rather he stopped and climbed the fence.
    I have spent more time here than I did in school.

Comment

...I love it when drivers 'burn-off the rubber' after winning.

However, being it is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with all it's storied history and tradition, and it does look kinda bad.

But in Harvick's defense, it is a great race to win and I'm sure the emotional outburst would be tremendous.....I'm sure de-facing the 'yard of bricks' was not something he intended or thought about.

Congrats Kevin, you had a great week-end.

Also the very first Brickyard 400 winner to win from the Pole.
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Just make him kiss the bricks with the fresh rubber on them. . .
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

If any of them do get damaged, there's still a good supply at the speedway.
          He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Understand that Harvick was told to blow a tire. That way they can't measure the car height.

Does this bring up the argument about the weight of a car winning, and was brought to specs by adding water? Putting a new tire to bright car height up.

Ignore, I was just kidding with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
              Understand that Harvick was told to blow a tire. That way they can't measure the car height.

Does this bring up the argument about the weight of a car winning, and was brought to specs by adding water? Putting a new tire to bright car height up.

Ignore, I was just kidding with this post.
              You may be kidding, but watch, it'll happen!!!
              From now on NASCAR will say no-no to burnout...just watch...

Remember they said no more to the roof dances, because the cars never fit the templates after that...remember that stupid "fence" they used a couple times...

...it's just a matter of time...
              Doctorindy.com

Comment

I watched Sportscenter this morning and saw one of the Dallas Cowboy receivers catch a touchdown and then twitch around like he had some neurological disorder. With that in mind Harvicks burnout doesn't bother me a-tall. I never thought about harming the bricks though.

Comment

Those bricks were hit with the diamond grinder last year just like the rest of the track, a little rubber isn't going to hurt them.
                  Preserving America's oval track tradition:
                  1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by grogg
                    I watched Sportscenter this morning and saw one of the Dallas Cowboy receivers catch a touchdown and then twitch around like he had some neurological disorder. With that in mind Harvicks burnout doesn't bother me a-tall. I never thought about harming the bricks though.
                    CRAZY GROGG! I say "a-tall" all the time thanks to Scott Goodyear!

Comment

Originally posted by sabin_24
                      CRAZY GROGG! I say "a-tall" all the time thanks to Scott Goodyear!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X