Great race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great race.

Difficult to pass and it required skill and determination, no one could just zoom past anyone, but still a fair amount of passing and several on-track lead changes.
    Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

I agree.
    Really enjoyed myself.
    And a great win for another CA short-track winner - KH.
    carl s
    Indio, CA
    The autographed Rick Mears photo on Kevin's wall said; "Hope to see you here someday"
    Well done Kevin.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Bill Elliott was a bit ticked off that they restarted with 11 to go so it would still be double file and I could see his point. I was wondering about that myself.

Without that debris caution (and it was a legit yellow, no argument there) Kenseth probably would have won. Robby holding up McMurray (kudos on a great race Jamie) and Kenseth gave Harvick the win and that's team racing. It happens in every form and every level of the sport. If you can't win the race yourself, help your teammate. Considering how the point system work, the difference between first or second is not that great, and Kenseth grew his lead in the points once again.

I don't want to speak prematurely, but it will take a complete collapse by Kenseth or the season-ending run to end all runs on the part of Gordon or Earnhardt (no one else has a chance) to prevent Matt from becoming the Champ.

And let's hope Jarrett's jack man is more or less alright. He got hit pretty hard. Save for that, it was a pretty good race today.
      The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL
        Bill Elliott was a bit ticked off that they restarted with 11 to go so it would still be double file and I could see his point. I was wondering about that myself.
        Well since it went back to green with 10 to go, I thought for sure it was single file...however, on clarification, the rule says LESS than 10 laps to go....silly situation if you asked me. With the way NASCAR loves to fix...wait, did I say that...., yeah fix the races, how could they not have given it that last bit of excitement.

Actually, I was a little surprized they didn't put out the red for that wreck. It was pretty big, and took a while to clean up, they're lucky they got back to green as soon as they did...
        Doctorindy.com

Comment

...well Terry Labonte was on his way to a great finish, (was running 9th from 38th), only to have Busch punt him in the north chute, coincidentially right in front of me.

Had to settle for a 19th and still managed to stay on the lead lap.

The bad finish for Terry also allowed Tony Stewart to take 13th spot n the Cup standings away from Labonte who now drops to 14th and is 28 points back from 13.

Today's race also now puts Terry's record for no DNF's at 27 races, dating to last season, which also breaks his previous record of 26 DNF's in the 1996-97season.

Today was an absolutely magnificent day in Indy, a absolute perfect day to be at IMS for a race.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

...I found this picture of some 'comraderie' between Terry's crew & Kurt's crew after the race.

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

"The bad finish for Terry also allowed Tony Stewart to take 13th spot n the Cup standings away from Labonte who now drops to 14th and is 28 points back from 13. "

Wow!
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

"I don't want to speak prematurely, but it will take a complete collapse by Kenseth or the season-ending run to end all runs on the part of Gordon or Earnhardt (no one else has a chance) to prevent Matt from becoming the Champ. "

Nothing short of cardiac arrest on Kenseth's part will prevent him from winning...the whole team is racing smart...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X