New track record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New track record?

Someone please help me, I am confused by what the phrase "new track record" means.

Arie has this record, right? I mean the WC cars weren't breaking his record today where they?

If not then why am I hearing "new track record" over the PA? Maybe a "new 'NASCAR' record" would be appropriate but when you throw the word "track" in there...

Maybe IMS is remembering May Pole Days from the past and I trying to create some of that same excitement. But I find it to be disingenuous.

Anyone agree?

It's just a show show Silva.

Comment

So next year when the IPS cars qualify at faster than the WC cars, will we hear "...and it's a new track record"?
      Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
        So next year when the IPS cars qualify at faster than the WC cars, will we hear "...and it's a new track record"?
        Yes. You will hear "It's A New Track Record " every time someone breaks it in their division. Tom Carnegie doesn't have a problem with it, why should you guys?
        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Maybe they should close Bonneville to all cars that can't break the sound barrier.
          Preserving America's oval track tradition:
          1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Dog,

I was just having some fun. I understand why he does it and I have no problem with it either.
            Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Re: New track record?

Originally posted by silva2
              Someone please help me, I am confused by what the phrase "new track record" means.

Arie has this record, right? I mean the WC cars weren't breaking his record today where they?

If not then why am I hearing "new track record" over the PA? Maybe a "new 'NASCAR' record" would be appropriate but when you throw the word "track" in there...

Maybe IMS is remembering May Pole Days from the past and I trying to create some of that same excitement. But I find it to be disingenuous.

Anyone agree?
              Kind of strange to me, back in the first few years of the BY400, Tom called out "It's a new Brickyard Record," whenever they went faster...Does anybody know why (beside maybe old age) he quit differentiating the two?
              Doctorindy.com

Comment

Track records are track records. Divisional records are divisional records (except for the fastest division which is also the track record).

This is how I understand it.

Comment

Trivia: Who was the driver that actually set THE track record for WC cars at the Indianapolis Speedway.??

Comment

Originally posted by calinoff
                    Trivia: Who was the driver that actually set THE track record for WC cars at the Indianapolis Speedway.??
                    Are you talking about the first track record ever for the Brickyard?

Then that would be H.B. Bailey.
                    If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

I haven't heard Tom Carnegie say "Its a new traaack record!!" in seven years.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2008 5A Football State Champs
                      2015 6A Football State Champs
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Waaaaaaa......
                        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

richie...YES IT WAS H.B. Bailey, who was the first driver ever to take time for a BY 400. I understand HB recently passed away.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X