IF rained out on Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF rained out on Saturday...

and you already have tickets - no IROC, no Qualification, no Practice, No Refund, and No Raincheck
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

They'd probably have the IROC race right after the Brickyard 400, or maybe just not at all...

The Speedway was actually pretty accomodating back in May when it rained, twice they accepted tickets the next day when there ended up being no track action...we shall see...
    Doctorindy.com

Comment

If you can't stand to have to eat some tickets from time to time due to rain then you might want to become a fan of another sport.

Comment

Go to enough races for enough years and sooner or later you end up with an un-ripped ticket or two.

With luck its not a $150 ticket.

No one said racing was fair.
        Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ
          Go to enough races for enough years and sooner or later you end up with an un-ripped ticket or two.

With luck its not a $150 ticket.

No one said racing was fair.
          Yep. What's really fun is to get 10 laps into a 40-lap, $2500 to win, $300 to start feature, and have it stopped due to rain. The promoter and series announce the race will be postponed - rescheduled date to be announced the next week.

The next week, they announce that they can't come to an agreement on a rain date, so the race is off. Purse will not be paid, since the race wasn't halfway. However - the good news - pit passes will be honored as rainchecks at any weekly show.

Of course, the track only runs Modifieds, Hobbies, and Mini Stocks.

I have a Late Model.:mad:

It's been seven years. I still have the pit pass. And two letters from the series promoter asking me to run more races. There were three, but I wiped my @ss with the third one and sent it back after trying to get the series promoter to work with me on the entry fee and pit passes. Between the money I would have earned (I was running 8th at the rain), the pit passes for my five-man crew, the unrefunded entry fee, and the fuel for the five-hour tow, I figure it cost me around $1200 for the debacle. I know of four drivers in the top 10 that night who haven't run with them again.

Saturday tix are cheap.
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Forgot to mention this earlier, but back in the 80s when I was in serious race chasing mode,
            I made it a point to get plane tickets for Monday afternoon instead of Sunday night just in case there was rain on race day. Never had to use it, but it was still a much easier getaway day when you had time to relax and not rush to the airport after baking at the track for 6+ hours
            Live like Dave

Comment

MOOT POINT - Never Mind
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X