Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of Atlanta?....

Will the cars look like the CoT:2 ?
    "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Nevermind!
    Thank God for Google
    "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

I have said for years horse power reduction was needed at the 2 mile and mile and a halves for there to be tighter competition like from the early 80s to the mid 90s, that's a plus. That would of made things tighter. Doing more to "bunch them up" is not.

Comment

If you can't make it to Daytolladega for pack racing carnage, NASCAR is going to bring the pack racing carnage to a track near you!
        "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Originally posted by dalz View Post
          If you can't make it to DaytollaDega for pack racing carnage, NASCAR is going to bring the pack racing carnage to a track near you!
          That's what it looks like.

Comment

If you can't make it to Daytolladega for pack racing carnage, NASCAR is going to bring the pack racing carnage to a track near you!
            Yep.
            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Hopefully as the tires wear, there will be some seperation.

Comment

What if we get a string of races not unlike Daytona--pack racing, several big ones and GWCs, a winner by lottery, destroyed cars grabbing top-10s because there's nobody left in front of them--do they risk plunging the sport into true farce? If they're worried about mainstream credibility now...they better hope the cars are as safe as they think they are.
                "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

What if we get a string of races not unlike Daytona--pack racing, several big ones and GWCs, a winner by lottery, destroyed cars grabbing top-10s because there's nobody left in front of them--do they risk plunging the sport into true farce? If they're worried about mainstream credibility now...they better hope the cars are as safe as they think they are.
                  Over the past 20 years the two tracks the drivers most mention they feel like their bells get run are Atlanta and Talladega. Off turn 2 at Atlanta is crazy fast and if you get turned to the inside, you're in trouble.

Comment

As a curious autoracing fan I'll be tuned in Sunday. If I don't like what I see I will move on and check back later. Time will tell, and it will be interesting to see how they react if the desired result is not met. Will it last a few races? A few months? The year, or become permanent. I am curious to watch it play out.
                    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                      As a curious autoracing fan I'll be tuned in Sunday. If I don't like what I see I will move on and check back later. Time will tell, and it will be interesting to see how they react if the desired result is not met. Will it last a few races? A few months? The year, or become permanent. I am curious to watch it play out.
                      The sanctioning body has been working on this at least "out in the open" for about a year. I can trace it back to two and a half years they have been working on this "package". Unless someone dies or gets hurt really bad sometime, it's gonna be around for a while. Good or bad on track results.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrymgs View Post
                        I have said for years horse power reduction was needed at the 2 mile and mile and a halves for there to be tighter competition like from the early 80s to the mid 90s, that's a plus. That would of made things tighter. Doing more to "bunch them up" is not.
                        By its very nature, I would opine a horsepower reduction is going to "bunch them up". Reduced horsepower, reduced speeds...further from the edge of the chassis capability...more drivers then capable of achieving the same speeds.
                        BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
                          By its very nature, I would opine a horsepower reduction is going to "bunch them up". Reduced horsepower, reduced speeds...further from the edge of the chassis capability...more drivers then capable of achieving the same speeds.
                          That's my exact point. NASCAR didn't need to make further "aero" changes to bunch them up more than a reduction of horesepower.

Comment

If it does result in pack racing and the predictable "Big One", I wonder how many owners can afford to throw away a car after every race? May see even shorter fields, or more start and parks. Or drivers that just chose to drop back and stay away from anyone. Might be a good strategy for a top ten finish.

Comment

Less aero downforce and tire will make them slower. Remove the plastic!
                              "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X