NASCAR fake cautions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR fake cautions.

I just timed the 2nd fake caution during the Xfinity race. 13 minutes. That's almost 30 minutes of nothing happening added to every race for no freaking reason in a time when we keep hearing how they need to cut the length of the races down because people today don't want to invest over 3 hours in a race.

Am I missing something here?
    Live like Dave

It's not as if it got in the way of any racing. It was just more ride around the high line in single file all day.
    The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Are you talking about the end of the stages or other fake cautions?
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
        I just timed the 2nd fake caution during the Xfinity race. 13 minutes. That's almost 30 minutes of nothing happening added to every race for no freaking reason in a time when we keep hearing how they need to cut the length of the races down because people today don't want to invest over 3 hours in a race.

Am I missing something here?
        I'm still trying to figure out why they had to pickup Kes' roof piece, when it was laying in the grass. It wasn't in the way.
        "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

With the slight exception of the Truck race last night, the racing at Daytona this Speed Weeks has been terrible. Like Formula One terrible. When a line of cars can't come up alongside on the inside, they've got problems.
          “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
            With the slight exception of the Truck race last night, the racing at Daytona this Speed Weeks has been terrible. Like Formula One terrible. When a line of cars can't come up alongside on the inside, they've got problems.
            The Truck race was a wreck fest. I don't consider it very good racing at all.
            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

13 minutes doesn't sound too bad...about 6 laps??? They do have to get scoring sorted and everyone lined up, a track inspection and safety folks off the track back into position, it doesn't sound that outrageous.
              I radio listened today and they did their best to create excitement out of a mediocre race. The interviews at the end by most drivers was the lack of ability to pass...
              The sad part of the broadcast was that NASCAR non-stop, over promoted their past...Dale Sr, Richard Petty, Dale Jr via videos available for download all race long. I never see ANY other sport stuck on such a time warp about what they used to be 20-30 years ago and selling that stuff today. Young folks don't care about history and us oldies are tired of hearing it each week.
              Dale Sr. died many moons ago. I like a line from a movie, "Bury the dead, they stink up the place...".

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                The Truck race was a wreck fest. I don't consider it very good racing at all.
                True. The skill/experience level of the Truck series is somewhere just above ARCA. At least there were two lines.
                “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                  Are you talking about the end of the stages or other fake cautions?
                  Stages.
                  Live like Dave

Comment

Stages.
                    Stages :tsk:
                    Doctorindy.com

Comment

I will have to admit, we do see less cautions for debris.

==

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                        It's not as if it got in the way of any racing. It was just more ride around the high line in single file all day.
                        I've been monitoring the scanners all week, it's simply the drivers will not do anything without their spotter telling them what to do. Plain and simple. The teams with multiple cars only pull out together when the GM of the race team gets together with the crew chiefs as the race goes on.

The spotters are paralyzed by fear to tell the drivers to make a pass for fear they will get left out and they fall to the back, thus loosing "points". Today's Daytona 500 is now only a points race like every other till the last lap. This will be the third straight year of it going down like this.

Comment

I said it on another site, but NASCAR should do away with spotters completely and go with a one way

Raceceiver communications system like almost every short track in America uses now.

One official who every driver hears at the same time to warn them of any potential dangers on the track and NOTHING else.

Silence in their ear unless theres trouble.

Let them figure it out.

The real race car drivers will adapt and thrive.

The posers will stumble and fail

Originally posted by Larrymgs View Post
                          the drivers will not do anything without their spotter telling them what to do.
                          This is so troublesome
                          Live like Dave

Comment

I said it on another site, but NASCAR should do away with spotters completely and go with a one way

Raceceiver communications system like almost every short track in America uses now.

One official who every driver hears at the same time to warn them of any potential dangers on the track and NOTHING else.

Silence in their ear unless theres trouble.

Let them figure it out.

The real race car drivers will adapt and thrive.

The posers will stumble and fail

This is so troublesome
                            Not sure it needs to go that far, but taking the spotter out of the equation and moving to driver to pits and pits to driver communication would change the the ontrack product performance.

Comment

Stages.
                              I never understood why they have a caution for this. First off, the stages thing is absurd, but if they wanted to do it, just credit the driver leading on that lap with the stage win but keep the race under green (assuming it was already under green). They get their gimmick without affecting the actual race.
                              If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X