Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of Harvick and Childress parting on good terms and/or winning the Chase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of Harvick and Childress parting on good terms and/or winning the Chase...

Has made like a tree and left.

“The 3 [Dillon] just dumped me, and that’s exactly the reason I’m leaving RCR because you have these kids coming up that have no respect for what they do in this sport,” Harvick told Fox Sports. “Everything’s fed to them with a spoon…It’s a shame you’ve got to get taken out by some rich kid like that.”

This afternoon, Darrell Wallace Jr. became the first African-American driver since 1963 to claim a NASCAR national series victory, winning the Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway.Wallace, who led 96 of 200 laps, withstood multiple late restarts to score his first career win in the Trucks in his 19th series start. Prior

Kev should remember who 50 % made him in NASCAR...Childress Racing...and yes it's time to leave but... try to do it with class. That attitude has tuned me off many times as probably his crew and others.
    He may be right but I really don't care about Kev's theories and problems in dealing with folks.

Is he any kind of fan favorite???

Comment

He didn't just burn that bridge, he did a full nuclear assault.
      "Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." C. McDonald

Comment

I think he's too far back to climb over both Johnson and Kenseth. He hasn't been happy at RCR for some time from what I read, I'm sure RC isn't exactly saddened to see him leave either. Car owners often hate their driver but victories will hide it all.

Going forward I think Harvick has a far more potential to succeed than RC will with his new lineup. He's got a pair of Cup champions for teammates, plus another to draw attention so he can just race. With the exception of Harvick RCR hasn't been in contention since #3 died. Newman has never been the lead driver at either of his stops and RCR desperately needs to find one. Menard started this season really well but faded with each passing week and Austin Dillon isn't much different than his brother that Harvick was blasting.
        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
        "They're criminals"
        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I bet there will never be another 29 car @ RCR once Harvick leaves.

Lots of baggage attached to that number up there in Welcome, NC

Only reason Childress even grabbed it is because it was the first # available after February 18, 2001
          Live like Dave

Comment

Sprint Cup Series driver Kevin Harvick spoke to Fox Sports 1's "NASCAR RaceDay" hosts John Roberts, Kyle Petty and Larry McReynolds...

Interesting article - KH having second thoughts about yesterday apparently.
            #BCForever

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
              I bet there will never be another 29 car @ RCR once Harvick leaves.

Lots of baggage attached to that number up there in Welcome, NC
              "What do the two most famous 29s in Nascar have in common? They're both Dicks."
              Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Originally posted by atrackforumfan View Post
                "What do the two most famous 29s in Nascar have in common? They're both Dicks."
                PLay nice LOL.

I believe Cale ran a car with 29 on the doors for a short while.

Im guessing 28 was already taken when he rode with the 29

Dale Jarrett ran a 29 too I think
                Live like Dave

Comment

I heard that Childress took 29 because it was the first number available that did not have a #3 in it.

And if I was Childress, Harvick would have had to miss Sunday's race getting his front teeth put back in. You don't call out your car owner's Grand Kids.

Harvick, Kurt Busch, Patrick, and Stewart all on the same team. Yeah, that's going to go smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                    Kev should remember who 50 % made him in NASCAR...Childress Racing...and yes it's time to leave but... try to do it with class. That attitude has tuned me off many times as probably his crew and others.
                    He may be right but I really don't care about Kev's theories and problems in dealing with folks.

Is he any kind of fan favorite???
                    IIRC, Dale Sr. told Childress that if Childress didn't hire him, DEI would.
                    quote:
                    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

My only problem with it:

Kevin Harvick acted like a punk all through his early career (and maybe still does, don't know).

So, what he is saying is that only wealthy people cannot act like punks. That's kind of unfair.
                      My avatar is in the public domain, but is not my work. Maybe contribute your photos to the public domain if you want to so people like me can have avatars.

Comment

# 1 - Harvick is my favorite Cup driver so I'm bias. Saying that everyone talks about how they miss the good old days before everything went corporate. Kevin spoke his mind (like the good old days) and everyone makes him out to be the bad guy. The thing I like about Harvick is that he speaks the truth. You may not like the truth, but you know where he stands, kind of like me.

# 2 - Don't know how long it was after the incident he made those comments, but when you ask for a reaction seconds or just minutes after an altercation, you're going to [I]quite possibly[I] get a memorable reaction from the interviewee. All sports need to give the participants a 'cooling down' period, but that doesn't make for good tv or media, does it?

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                          The thing I like about Harvick is that he speaks the truth. You may not like the truth, but you know where he stands, kind of like me.
                          He speaks, and you know where he stands, but that's a lot different than the truth.

He's not the worst dweeb. But he's a dweeb. I used to think he was the worst dweeb but then the Busch brothers pulled ahead. Carl Edwards probably as well.

And I like each of those guys, at least as drivers, except that Edwards dishes it out but can't take it. But I like when they are asked their opinion because you never know what tall tale they are going to make up.
                          Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Nascar announced the indefinite suspension of the crewmember who threw the hammer at Harvick's car.
                            quote:
                            "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by nm View Post
                              Nascar announced the indefinite suspension of the crewmember who threw the hammer at Harvick's car.
                              So you can smash someone’s car at speed and get a slap on the wrist, but through a hammer at the side of a car that's blocking your drivers pit stall and if a life sentence. Seems to be a bit out of balance to me.
                              "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X