Joey Lagano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Lagano

Now, I am only getting these tidbits from SpeedForum. It seems that the wreck that Joey was in was caused by Juan Pablo Montoya. This is supposedly caught on the radio. Zippy apparently used a racial slur against Juan. Then said that when Joey gets back in the pits, he is going to fix the car so Joey can go back out and wreck Juan. It is also stated that Joey wrecked Juan under the caution yellow.

interesting.

Comment

He DID wreck Juan under caution when he got back on track, but ESPN was too fixated on The Chase to report it

Comment

So does the PTB step in before or after a driver gets seriously hurt by someone coming back out 75 laps down with one thing on their mind?
        Live like Dave

Comment

Shame on any driver that does this!

Joey, Carl, Brad....

Comment

I guess Juan got what was coming to him. He's tripped up the Gibb's team a few times in the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
              So does the PTB step in before or after a driver gets seriously hurt by someone coming back out 75 laps down with one thing on their mind?
              That's Busch-League & deserves a minimum one-race suspension. If not that, then at least an ass-whooping.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                Maybe it's covered under the "have at it boys" statute.
                "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiersergeant View Post
                  Shame on any driver that does this!

Joey, Carl, Brad....
                  Hey you forgot sweet, innocent David Reutimann!

Joey did it under caution, so I guess if you dump somebody at speed during a race it's ok? Like Juan did, like Harvick did, like Denny did last year, the list goes on...

Don't bring the racial thing into it. If Zippy said whatever to Juan's face then you would have something to talk about. Two people having a conversation between themselves can say whatever they want about anybody. All people and all races do it.

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                    Don't bring the racial thing into it. If Zippy said whatever to Juan's face then you would have something to talk about. Two people having a conversation between themselves can say whatever they want about anybody. All people and all races do it.
                    You miss the point that it was on radio for all to hear.

Busch only gets penalized for "the finger" because it was on TV.

Comment

I am sure a few people heard "it"...but it was a radio conversation between the two. Maybe this eavesdropping thing on radio communications has gone too far. You don't have it in the NFL, MLB etc. I am sure that you would hear more than an earfull of colorful language. Name calling is name calling, whether it's a foul, disgusting name or any kind of a slur. It is also human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonG19 View Post
                        He DID wreck Juan under caution when he got back on track, but ESPN was too fixated on The Chase to report it
                        I saw what the OP is talking about at the speed forums and since I missed it also I can only assume it was typical ESPN incompetence. There can't cover everything and obviously the Chase is going to take precedence but for them to miss something like this under caution and not even mention it is pretty pathetic. The commentators were very soft also as it appeared to me the JPM flat out wrecked Logano thou they didn't act like that
                        I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Comment

More info, as I said in the previous post. I never heard of any of this

Logano retaliates against Montoya: An angry #20-Joey Logano retaliated against #42-Juan Pablo Montoya Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, intentionally wrecking him under caution with 64 laps left in the Ford 400. Montoya and Logano made contact on lap 140, sending Logano slamming into the wall and damaging the front end of his car. It took 40 laps to repair his car in the garage. About 25 laps after his return to the track, Logano wrecked Montoya under caution. After the accident, Logano stayed in his car until Montoya's team was able get Montoya back onto the track. Montoya had a civil conversation with Logano crew chief Greg Zipadelli after falling out of the race. Logano said prior to the retaliation that he was tired of the way Montoya had been racing him. "I gave him plenty of room," the Joe Gibbs Racing driver said. "I just felt like I got hooked. That's two times with him this year so we've got to figure that out. I don't know what the deal is." JGR President J.D. Gibbs said a feud between the two drivers had been simmering. Logano wrecked Montoya under caution to keep the incident from impact other drivers and teams. "That one has been around for a while," Gibbs said. "That was just frustration on his part."(SceneDaily)(11-22-2010)

From Jayski
                          I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
                            I saw what the OP is talking about at the speed forums and since I missed it also I can only assume it was typical ESPN incompetence. There can't cover everything and obviously the Chase is going to take precedence but for them to miss something like this under caution and not even mention it is pretty pathetic. The commentators were very soft also as it appeared to me the JPM flat out wrecked Logano thou they didn't act like that
                            ESPN did mention that Logano and Montoya had an altercation on track.
                            "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
                              JGR President J.D. Gibbs said a feud between the two drivers had been simmering. Logano wrecked Montoya under caution to keep the incident from impact other drivers and teams. "That one has been around for a while," Gibbs said. "That was just frustration on his part."(SceneDaily)(11-22-2010)[/I]

From Jayski
                              For Gibbs to be giving his tacit approval of stupid and careless behavior like this is shameful on his part, and proof that he doesn't have the skills to be a leader, but just wants to be loved by all "his boys", and screw the rest of the world.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X