• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Gordon's Sponsorship for 2011

Will be announced Wednesday per jayski
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

I'll admit, I'm pretty curious to see who it will be and I'm by no means a Gordon fan.
    No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Please tell me this is from the Sports Onion...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...?docId=4933140

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

Maybe Jeffy is going on his "Retirement Tour".

Comment

Seems like many may be staying home to do that exact thing for their family. There is a reality outside of "Nascarnation" that has made it tough for many.
          Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

There goes the merchandise sales.

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

Comment

I think this shows just how hard the sponsorship thing is right now, if Jeff who is very marketable, has had great success and is with a front running team can't find a real sponsor and has this sort of deal going on then where is that leaving everyone else as deals expire. The economy may have at least leveled off but companies are still tightening.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...xt_season.html

Hendrick Motorsports is not donating space on the car, team owner Rick Hendrick said.

AARP Foundation President Jo Ann Jenkins said that the foundation hopes to work with other companies who want to be part of the effort and have placement on the car.

Neither Hendrick nor Jenkins would say how much the AARP Foundation is spending, but current full-season sponsorships are being sold for approximately $15 million. That would mean the price per-year for two-thirds of the season likely would be at least $10 million.

“We expect to raise far more money than we’re investing in this [sponsorship] if we’re going to solve this issue of hunger in America,â€‌ Jenkins said. “But it’s also about raising awareness. … People in this country don’t realize how many seniors or older people in this country are going hungry every day.

That's half of the much rumored $30M deal that Bud had with Jr. for his last year at TEI... and substantially less than the rumored $25M/yr deal that JG had with DuPont.

Comment

15 Million sure would by a LOT of food to feed the hungry!
                  "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Per Jayski, Dupont resigned for 3 more years to be the primary sponsor for 13 races.
                    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

ANother reason I will never join AARP. Not the sponsorship per se, the commercialization of a retirement organization.
                      “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by WheelerDealer View Post
                        ANother reason I will never join AARP. Not the sponsorship per se, the commercialization of a retirement organization.
                        Im well over a decade away from my AARP years but they poured tons of cash to support a recent movement that totally annoys me so Im turned off already
                        Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X