No announcement yet.

Phantom Debris Caution helps Jamie win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Debris Caution helps Jamie win!

What was it? A paper cup on the bottom of the track? Kyle said a mouse ran across the track. The most dominating car all night didn't win. Jamie was fast all right, but bunching up the field with 26 left helped him win.

NASCAR at it's finest!

A nice win for Jamie but he had some help. Kyle and JJ put on a great show the last 10 laps. Fast, clean driving.

I just heard the last of the race on the radio & thought the exact same thing about the timing of that "caution." But wasn't Jamie pulling away from Busch/Johnson when the caution was thrown? Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    #BCForever

Comment

Originally posted by Liz View Post
      " But wasn't Jamie pulling away from Busch/Johnson when the caution was thrown? Please correct me if I'm wrong...
      IIRC, Kyle was still in P1, but was having troubles hanging on to it for the rest of the race. He needed TIRES, but didn't take them on the Caution. He stayed out, only to get his arse passed by 3-4 other cars, to end up where he did on the finish.
      But that's just my opinion!

Comment

It's funny, all year there seems to be a caution with 25 or so to go...erases the lead for whomever and bunches the field. WHY??? What's up NASCAR???

Kyle was leading and none of the top 3 took tires on the last caution. If Jamie caught him and passed him under green that's fine. Catching and passing are two different things. Ask Jimmie Johnson.

Comment

If you walked a lap around a racetrack-any racetrack after the races are over youd be frightened at how much junk is lying around the groove.

A Coke can on the apron is the least of their worries.

Maybe if theyd swallow the whistle to borrow a hockey term and let the race run its natural course they wouldnt be worrying about the TV ratiings going below the Mendoza line

The race fans that have been around the block are savvy enough to know when the outcome is being manipulated
          Live like Dave

Comment

Yeh, lets not throw any cautions. Let guys like Jimmie Johnson cut a tire and smack the wall. Let Kyle Busch cut a tire and smash into pit lane wall. For me, I side with caution, let the yellows fly.

And, besides, caution or not, no one was going to touch Jammie McMurray.

Comment

Hyperbole
              Live like Dave

Comment

You guys are funny.

I saw a beer can on the track in the groove. It could have cut a tire and is a valid caution.
                "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                  It's funny, all year there seems to be a caution with 25 or so to go...erases the lead for whomever and bunches the field. WHY??? What's up NASCAR???

Kyle was leading and none of the top 3 took tires on the last caution. If Jamie caught him and passed him under green that's fine. Catching and passing are two different things. Ask Jimmie Johnson.
                  Happened in the Brickyard - Jeff Gordon's tire laid on the warm-up lane in turn 3 for many, many laps - when I heard on radio, a lot were going to have to pit for fuel with 5-10 laps left - the caution was out soon after to remove that tire - coincidence.
                  Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

There have been 47 fewer caution flags thown this year so far. Plus, Jamie would have caught and passed Busch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                      Hyperbole
                      Hyperbole?

Tell that to Bobby Allison, who ran over something that had been thrown on the track, and almost went into the stands at Talladega.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
                        You guys are funny.

I saw a beer can on the track in the groove. It could have cut a tire and is a valid caution.
                        Not to mention the chicken bones. Sorry
                        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by fivehundred2go View Post
                          Happened in the Brickyard - Jeff Gordon's tire laid on the warm-up lane in turn 3 for many, many laps - when I heard on radio, a lot were going to have to pit for fuel with 5-10 laps left - the caution was out soon after to remove that tire - coincidence.
                          Yep. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Comment

Deleted
                            Last edited by Chris Paff; 10-18-2010, 03:26 PM.
                            "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
                              Hyperbole?

Tell that to Bobby Allison, who ran over something that had been thrown on the track, and almost went into the stands at Talladega.
                              He ran over a piece of his engine after it let go. It was not debris that was thrown on the track.
                              The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X