"Petty Blue" CMT documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Petty Blue" CMT documentary

In case it hasn't been mentioned here...it's on one more time at 7:00 CST Thursday. Outstanding doc. The King aquits himself yet again as one of the finest gentleman to ever grace the sports world. The breakout star IMO is Mrs. Lynda Petty--feisty, insightful comments throughout. Well worth the TIVO space.
    "Everyone in front of you is cheatin', and everyone behind you sux!"--nonpareil racer T. Kester

Thanks.

Comment

Watched it last Friday night...

And again Saturday night...

One really has to wonder what the past decade would have looked like had Adam not been killed...he seemed to be the real deal...
      Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

The kid was really talented for sure.

Comment

I've recorded this show but haven't watched it yet.

This may be OT but, why does the "45" hat that Kyle wears have a "black line" thru it?

Comment

Originally posted by racefanindy View Post
            I've recorded this show but haven't watched it yet.

This may be OT but, why does the "45" hat that Kyle wears have a "black line" thru it?
            Kyle Petty honors son Adam with black band on hat

Comment

Very VERY well done program.

Lots of pictures and video I had never seen before

Watching the last 30 minutes was tough knowing what was coming somewhere near the end

Good people. Im pretty sure you cant fake decent.
              Live like Dave

Comment

I watched it tonight. A very good documentary. Lot more about family, than racing. Which, in this case, was good.

The only thing I missed was Mr. Petty driving a SuperBird.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                  Very VERY well done program.

Lots of pictures and video I had never seen before

Watching the last 30 minutes was tough knowing what was coming somewhere near the end

Good people. Im pretty sure you cant fake decent.
                  I had a hard time watching that last 30 also. I truely believe Adam would have been the key that would have held Petty Enterprise together.

The interviews with Lynda are priceless. Very candid.
                  "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Just wondering. Did Richard Petty in his NASCAR career, ever drive a car that was not numbered 43.

Comment

I thought it was great.

But it did dwell a lot on the negative, and that's not including Adam. I felt that it skipped over too much in the 80s and 90s that could have painted a clearer picture on how Petty Enterprises slumped at that time. Richard DNQ'ing at Richmond, for instance, is when they really hit rock-bottom. It also suggested that Richard was 'entirely' uncompetitive in the late 80s. In fact, there were a couple near-misses for #201. I wish they would have shown how after Richard retired, the team actually rebounded for a time, and won a couple races with Bobby Hamilton and John Andretti driving.

It was very captivating.
                      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
                        Just wondering. Did Richard Petty in his NASCAR career, ever drive a car that was not numbered 43.
                        It looks like his rookie year the number wasn't firm. And a couple 41's and 42's are here and there in the early years.
                        Doctorindy.com

Comment

IIRC, the first time late in his career when he missed qualifying, he drove DK Ulrich's #6 in the race.
                          Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
                            I thought it was great.

But it did dwell a lot on the negative, and that's not including Adam. I felt that it skipped over too much in the 80s and 90s that could have painted a clearer picture on how Petty Enterprises slumped at that time. Richard DNQ'ing at Richmond, for instance, is when they really hit rock-bottom. It also suggested that Richard was 'entirely' uncompetitive in the late 80s. In fact, there were a couple near-misses for #201. I wish they would have shown how after Richard retired, the team actually rebounded for a time, and won a couple races with Bobby Hamilton and John Andretti driving.

It was very captivating.
                            Pocono June 1988. He was unstoppable. Unlapped himself by actually passing the leader. Then passed all the lead lap cars. Was running away from everybody well past half way and screwed the pooch by passing a lapped car in the wrong place.

Walled it. Game over. Im guessing that was the last race he really dominated. It was the same race Bobby Allison got hurt. Long ride home that night
                            Live like Dave

Comment

Yes #43 has only 198 wins and some of them weren't RP, so not only did he race other numbered cars he won in them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X