Why not Pearson in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Pearson in the Hall of Fame?

Man, I really don't want a fight, but why are there some people who wouldn't induct Pearson in this HoF class? I was shocked to see more than one list in this thread without him:

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...89#post2440589

To me, the only question was whether he should have been inducted in the first class instead of Johnson or France Jr.

I'd like to hear from people who can name five more people who belong in the HoF before Pearson, and why.
    Last edited by atrackforumfan; 10-08-2010, 10:08 PM.
    Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Huh? Most of the people in that that thread named Pearson. My take, though, is that for the first few years they should concentrate on the guys from the early days, like Tim Flock and Red Byron. As you pointed out in the thread, though, it's worthwhile to make exceptions for guys who most likely will be inducted eventually and are still alive but probably won't be much longer, like Allison.

Comment

One of my earliest memories of attending a race in person was attending the "World 600" with my father, and watching Pearson win. We were in the infield in turn 1, and the infield was basically a glorified mudhole.

So yeah, I would to see him inducted into the Hall of Fame. I would also like to see those who are aging or have medical problems inducted while they are still living.
      quote:
      "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

If I were running the HoF, I wouldn't want to induct chronologically. I'd pick a sampling of drivers from various eras, and maybe one promoter/builder/booster, like T Wayne Robertson, Chris Economaki, or Ken Squier. If it were important to get the historic stars in first, I'd have started by 'founding' the hall with five living stars and five or ten deceased stars.

Eventually, I'll have relatively young, famous stars like Jeff Gordon to be the star of the induction, and I can bootstrap those black and white photo guys with him. For now, I need some living personalities like Pearson, Lorenzen, Waltrip, and Jarrett at each induction.

My eligibility would induct recent stars in the third calendar year after their last race, if elected.
        Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X