David, Kyle, and Christmas Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David, Kyle, and Christmas Cards

Another two drivers going to save postage. Kyle thinks his top 12 makes it ok to punt with out return. David thinks he has a right to be on the track. "Go at it boys" - If nascar penalizes David - we all know....
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

I gotta say, Kyle's "explanation" seemed like the worst excuse I've heard in quite a while. It was a flatout punt, but I wasn't paying a ton of attention to the race, so I don't know what DR did to "deserve it" in Kyle's eyes. Maybe he doesn't have to do anything. I'm still not a fan of using your car to prove a point (at least at full race speed, maybe under caution like the Dover NNS race this year), but Kyle had something coming. I think DR could have smacked him around a little afterward, but that would probably get a penalty from ******. Maybe this'll teach Kyle not to mess around when you're running the 12 most important races of the season.
    Frequent violator of Indycar rule 9.3.8
    "They all love preaching safe racing and everything but when you're gonna pass them they're just douchebags." - JPM

Comment

I have supported Reutimann in the past being a local boy around here, but he was flat out wrong to deliberately wreck a Chase contender. He looked even more stupid in the process by spinning himself out. Kyle has raced him clean all year and today, is was debateable if Kyle tried to take him out. Why would he? He is nothing in the Chase. Kyle wouldn't chance it. This was a Cup race, not trucks or Nwide. It wouldn't surprize me if the order came from that buffoon Mike Waltrip, as that has been his M.O. in the past.

If you read Reutimann's body language in the interview after the race, he couldn't even look the commentator or the camera in the eye. A sure sign of someone not being truthful about what he was speaking about. He never addressed what he did to Kyle. He looked and sounded stupid.

Comment

DR doesn't have the driving ability to keep a loose car going forward anyway.

DR's crew chief told him to wreck Kyle. I saw the quote on Twitter, I'll try to get it.

Comment

I know "have at it" is reigning supreme this year, but if they can prove DR's crew chief told him to deliberately wreck Shrub, there might be some heck to pay from NASCAR over that. If that's what happened, that's crossing a line that ought not to have been crossed IMO.
          GO DANICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Round Robin View Post
            I know "have at it" is reigning supreme this year, but if they can prove DR's crew chief told him to deliberately wreck Shrub, there might be some heck to pay from NASCAR over that. If that's what happened, that's crossing a line that ought not to have been crossed IMO.
            Wouldn't be the first time this year... the sanctioning body has already set precedent by allowing Carl Edwards to send Keselowski aerial into the fence while 100+ laps down, so they have no basis by which to penalize DR in this case.

Comment

I believe Edwards was put on probation for attempted murder.

Now David did the same thing and body slammed Rowdy much harder, though wasn't unfortunate enough to have Kyle turn over...what was the difference? Just luck?

Comment

Didn't see a minute of the race, but just saw the video at: http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010...car/index.html

The difference? DR isn't as skilled at intentionally taking out others as CE is.

Kyle is damn good enough NOT to have run over DR in the first incident.
                That's something he's going to have to figure out if he wants to win the Chase points at some time in the future.
                I was hoping KB's calm demeanor the first two of the last ten was going to continue.

On a side note, JJ wouldn't have gotten into DR in the initial case & the subsequent payback never would have happened.

Comment

Sunday had a lot less to do with Kyle's earlier bump than what Reutimann perceives as a total lack of respect. It manifested itself when Busch pretty much called out Reutimann's talent at Bristol, then turned him at Richmond. Busch has been running his mouth nearly every weekend against somebody -- Todd Bodine in the Trucks, Logano in Nationwide -- and it was just a matter of time that somebody would get fed up with him.

Yeah, he's got more talent in his right hand than Reutimann has in his whole body. But you don't keep poking the bear and then act shocked when the bear finally gets angry, especially when you have everything to lose and he has everything to gain.

Busch ran over Reutimann because he didn't think David had the guts to put him in the fence. Guess he was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Panch View Post
                    Sunday had a lot less to do with Kyle's earlier bump than what Reutimann perceives as a total lack of respect. It manifested itself when Busch pretty much called out Reutimann's talent at Bristol, then turned him at Richmond. Busch has been running his mouth nearly every weekend against somebody -- Todd Bodine in the Trucks, Logano in Nationwide -- and it was just a matter of time that somebody would get fed up with him.

Yeah, he's got more talent in his right hand than Reutimann has in his whole body. But you don't keep poking the bear and then act shocked when the bear finally gets angry, especially when you have everything to lose and he has everything to gain.

Busch ran over Reutimann because he didn't think David had the guts to put him in the fence. Guess he was wrong.
                    100% error free post.

Comment

I attended the race. Early on, I happened to be on the 18s freq. His spotter said something about having a chat with the 00s spotter about "working with us".. Reutimann was 3 or 4 cars ahead. Kyle told him not to waste his time and a few euphemisms. I paid attention to them, waiting for the fireworks. It was a long while, but you've all seen it. He didn't say anything about it prior to the event. I couldn't get Reutimann's freq for some reason, so other than what they were saying on MRN about respect, etc, I can't report on any egging on.
                      "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X