• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods return on TV Wednesday

Southern Tour from Tri-County.
    “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
    I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
    I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Mods on TV Wednesday is like a mid week pick-me-up!
    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

If you're taping/TIVOing, be aware the show starts (or is shown to start as of last night) at 8:00 instead of the usual 7:00 slot.

Comment

I've got the DVR set to record the series. Sure it records the race a couple times each week, but I'm darn sure not to miss it!

Comment

That was a great race! I keep up with the Mod scene, so I knew who won but was looking forward to seeing it from comments on Mod boards by those who were there.
          One thing Versus didn't mention-
          The "slight adjustment" Myers made was replacing a cut RR with 23 laps to go. Up til then he was running about 10th and was the next car in line to go a lap down. Miller also changed a tire but since he didn't make many friends coming to the front earlier in the race, no-one would cut him any slack in the last 25 laps.
          It was a shame for Smith, he drove a great race but since he had old tires he couldn't hold Burt off.
          Last race for the Southern Tour is Oct.16th on the flat 1/4 mile track at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
          Another shame, as that track isn't conducive to great racing - probably be a lot of bent metal and hurt feelings as the Championship is on the line.
          I'm pulling for Civalli, as he drives for Roger and Sandra Hill (Hillbilly Racing). They're out of NC but run cars in both the Northern & Southern Tours and Roger was a pretty good Mod shoe in his day.

Comment

That was a very good race! The best I've seen since in a while.

My son who's a so-so race fan watched and about halfway through turned to me and said this is so much better that NASCAR. NASCAR to him is what races on Sunday. He also said the announcers were better too. I asked him why and he said he liked the way they yelled at each other. I guess Jackie and Jimmy have a new fan.

Comment

I've been enjoying the series and it's great to see more OW stuff on Versus. Seuss is a real talent, what a drive from the back of the pack, and Myers was terrific. Incidentally, when they raced with us a few years ago, I will confess to mispronouncing Andy's name once. Once. He corrected me right away...very pleasantly!
              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Fantastic race. As usual, the best racing nascar has on the track, at any level.

Comment

Is the Southern finale going to be on TV?

Looking forward to Stafford next Wendesday. The Northern points race is just about as tight as the Southern one -- both tours are the best thing NASCAR has going.

These days, I don't get to attend as many races in person as I would like, so these broadcasts are a great alternative.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X