I'm officially rooting for Jimmie Johnson to win the Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm officially rooting for Jimmie Johnson to win the Chase

Because while it would be an amazing feat to win five straight championships, I would also find it delicious that probably the most vanilla driver in the Sprint Cup pits will have won five of the seven "Races to the Chase", a program set up to make championships more exciting.

Be careful what you wish for...
    “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Im all for Gibbs racing. But im going with Johnson also. It be cool to see this history which might never be done again.

Comment

The Gibbs team seems to have a slight problem with a couple of their drivers not knowing when to keep their thoughts to themself. Their actions are somewhat below what I have always thought of Mr. Gibbs. Whining in front of the camera or while standing on your car after "punting" does not make it for me. Maybe though that is the type of driver he desires as Smoke was no angel either.

I am beginning to pull for JJ as it shows what a farce the "chase" is really. Now that Junior missed again - it must be time to expand to the top 15 to make it.
      Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
        Because while it would be an amazing feat to win five straight championships, I would also find it delicious that probably the most vanilla driver in the Sprint Cup pits will have won five of the seven "Races to the Chase", a program set up to make championships more exciting.

Be careful what you wish for...
        The ONLY thing more vanilla would be a Plastic Matt Kenseth as Champion....

BUT... as of now, JJ is sitting 5th in the season points at this juncture:

2010 Sprint Cup Driver Points Standings after Dover, race 28 of 36:
        rank, car#, driver, points, behind
        1) #29-Kevin Harvick, 3996
        2) #18-Kyle Busch, 3788, -208
        3) #24-Jeff Gordon, 3778, -218
        4) #99-Carl Edwards, 3722, -274
        5) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 3700, -296
        The possibility of him scoring 297 more points than Harvick over the next 8 races is improbable... so he would have come from 8th place with 10 races to go to win the "Championship".

Comment

The Chase is an abomination. Go back to the regular points and maybe someday you can have a real point race like IndyCar or WoO.
          "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I'm offically not even paying attention to the chase this year.
            "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

I hope he doesn't win it. Because last year when fans weren't falling all over themselves to laud his accomplishment of four in a row I became tired of the NASCAR tv show commentators wondering why we all couldn't see - HOW AMAZING IT WAS, AND HOW LUCKY THAT WE COULD TELL OUR GRANDKIDS WE SAW IT HAPPEN! Sigh...
              Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I wish they would go back to the old point system also and I'm no JJ fan by any means but who's saying under the old point system JJ wouldn't have been as dominant. I've seen enough interviews with JJ and Knaus and they both promote the fact they concentrate on the final 10 races and nothing else. They manage their entire season for those final 10 races so what's to say under the old point system they would have adjusted the way they run for the championship over the entire season? I don't like them but their that good and until NASCAR blows up the chase and returns to the old format and they win perhaps 3 in a row under the old format then maybe they'll get the credit that's due them.

That's my biggest problem with the chase. It was such a big change to NASCAR that it skews everything. I'm sorry but you can't compare JJ's championships to everyone else's championships because those drivers had to work the entire damn season not 10 races. Dale Sr. couldn't coast into Darlington on Labor day weekend with a 100 point lead over 13th and realisticly think he had a shot at the championship!!!

All they had to do with the points championship was give more points for winning. Perhaps 50 pts more for the victory and in the top 10 give more points also to reward a high finish. As Robin Miller has said no where should any driver say we had a "good top twenty finish today" or something along that lines
                I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                  The ONLY thing more vanilla would be a Plastic Matt Kenseth as Champion....

BUT... as of now, JJ is sitting 5th in the season points at this juncture:

The possibility of him scoring 297 more points than Harvick over the next 8 races is improbable... so he would have come from 8th place with 10 races to go to win the "Championship".
                  Jimmie assumed the points lead today at Kansas.

And ESPN and NASCAR are mystified as to why the ratings for The Chase are tanking...

Comment

Jimmie assumed the points lead today at Kansas.

And ESPN and NASCAR are mystified as to why the ratings for The Chase are tanking...
                    I think it's hillarious. They have The Chase to make the points race exciting and then JJ stinks it up every year. Go Jimmie!

Comment

Harvick is having a tough go of it trying to recover from that 200+ point penalty

He was leading before that happened

I never did hear what he did but it must have been something serious to have that many points taken away so close to the end of the season.

(sarcasm off)
                      Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                        Harvick is having a tough go of it trying to recover from that 200+ point penalty

He was leading before that happened

I never did hear what he did but it must have been something serious to have that many points taken away so close to the end of the season.

(sarcasm off)
                        What 200 point pen... Ohhh, I see what you're doing there. Touchأ©.

Comment

What 200 point pen... Ohhh, I see what you're doing there. Touchأ©.
                          Yeah.... I see what KevMcNJ did there. And I like it.

Comment

ESPN looking into whether start times, other factors are impacting Chase ratings

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...e_ratings.html

Is that actually for real???

How about starting out with the stupidity of "The Chase".... sure, some nascarfans like it, but not a single racefan I know - or have spoken to online, has ANYTHING positive to say about this contrived points race.

Brain France dreams up this stupid format to make the points race exciting and now he wants to make it like stinking "Survivor" by "eliminating drivers from contention".

Brain... there are THIRTY-SIX races to do that in.

For what this guy has done to the sport I am damn glad to see the empty stands & the tanking tv ratings as his reward.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                              For what this guy has done to the sport I am damn glad to see the empty stands & the tanking tv ratings as his reward.
                              But they're going to be as big as the NFL in a few years.
                              Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X