Kudos to Kyle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Kyle!

Great win and set a new record. What can you say!

I believe he gave a great tribute to Sam Ard and the competitor that he was. Some may have forgotten about 2 years ago Sam was having some money trouble and Kyle donated $100,000.00 to his cause. WOW again!

Way to go Rowdy!

There are a lot of drivers who are glad he is not this dominant in Sprint Cup. Congratulations Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
      Great win and set a new record. What can you say!

I believe he gave a great tribute to Sam Ard and the competitor that he was. Some may have forgotten about 2 years ago Sam was having some money trouble and Kyle donated $100,000.00 to his cause. WOW again!

Way to go Rowdy!
      Aloha You Two Top Bananas,,,

The Kid is just great... Yes, great cars, but Danican't proves a good car, also needs a talented driver,
      with great car control... And his personality is just great, what desire, if he win's, he's great, second
      place, and he's a litte Hitler like.... I just love to see talent, true talent do well, aka AJ Foyt...

And to give a hundred grand to Sam, that tells you a little about the "real" Rowdy... How about his little
      girl friend,a cross between Olive Oil and Fran Drescher... She's a real chameleon, she's can be a Fran Drescher
      look-a-like one minute, and just beautiful, the next... And what a personality that girl has... I really enjoy
      the "Ladies of NASCAR"...

Big
      Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

I was there. Kyle is just as fast in person as he is on TV. Made it down to Delaware International later that night for Mods, Super-Lates, and URC Sprints on the half-mile dirt.

That was my first double in a 39 year race fan career.
        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by mdkiel View Post
          I was there. Kyle is just as fast in person as he is on TV. Made it down to Delaware International later that night for Mods, Super-Lates, and URC Sprints on the half-mile dirt.

That was my first double in a 39 year race fan career.
          How is Delaware Intl holding up? Good crowds and car counts still?
          It was in the sticks when I was still going there.
          But that was 20 years ago
          Used to be fun to hit the 200 miler @ Dover, hop on 13 South for the URC then head North ASAP to get some sleep before it was time to get up for the 500

One of those weekends where you couldnt wait to get back to work on Monday so you could relax a little
          Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
            How is Delaware Intl holding up? Good crowds and car counts still?
            It was in the sticks when I was still going there.
            But that was 20 years ago
            Used to be fun to hit the 200 miler @ Dover, hop on 13 South for the URC then head North ASAP to get some sleep before it was time to get up for the 500

One of those weekends where you couldnt wait to get back to work on Monday so you could relax a little
            I rolled in about 7:20 and there was a line to get in! About a 15 min wait. It seems URC is quite the attraction around here and it was Dover NASCAR weekend so I'll chalk some of it up to that. I've live here since '06 and the crowds are less than overwhelming on a regular Saturday night. Average car counts are in the high teens to low 20's for Super Lates and Modifieds. Crate Mods usually pull a full field and Crate Late Models somewhat less. Mod-Lites are in the mid teens. Those Mod Lite guys are crazy speeding those little cars around the big half mile.

Charlie Cathell is a stickler for good track conditions, so he turns it over and waters it before the features like they do at NES. It's a pain to sit around and wait and it makes for a late night, but the racing is awesome! Lots of passing at very high speed. URC was flying around that track and JJ Grasso put a nice pass on Becca Anderson in traffic to take the win in the winged sprint feature.

The highlight of the night for me was Kenny Brightbill taking the NAPA Big Block Mod track championship over Matt Jester. He had a 35 pt lead going into the night and he did not race like a points racer. He was up front battling for the win, old guys rule!!!
            "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Rowdy is not easy to like. THINK GUITAR/NASHVILLE, but damn, that boy is fast and it appears he can drive anything. Congrats to him for a job well done and done well.
              My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Many fond memories of Delaware Intl! I was one of those crazies that raced the Mod Lite (Dwarf Cars) there back in the late 90's. I've seen some very nasty crashed in the lites at those speeds! Those little cars are a handfull!

URC has always been a big draw there. Heck I can even say I've been on the track with Kramer Williamson, Dave Kelly and Glen Fitzcharles! OK, it was only for wheel packing, but if felt darn cool looking over at those guys on track. A ton of wins between those three.

Very cool to see that Kenny picked up the track championship.
                "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

I like the kid. He's an incredible talent & has a tremendous amount of drive. I'd LOVE to see him in a spridget some time at Winchester!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X