World's Largest HD Video board coming to Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Largest HD Video board coming to Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2011

Continuing a tradition of innovation and fabulous firsts, Speedway Motorsports Inc. Chairman Bruton Smith and Charlotte Motor Speedway officials announced a partnership with Panasonic to revolutionize the fan experience at sporting events with the creation of the world's largest high-definition video board. Panasonic will also become the founding sponsor of the video board and a Speedway Motorsports Inc. alliance partner around its broad portfolio of advanced technologies. At an incredible length of 200 feet wide, standing 80 feet tall and weighing 165,000 pounds, the video board will cover an expansive 16,000 square feet and be located between Turns 2 and 3 along the backstretch of the legendary superspeedway. Fans seated throughout the frontstretch from Turn 4 to Turn 1 will have clear viewing angles of the gigantic board that will feature 720P high-definition visuals illuminated by more than nine million light emitting diode, or LED, lamps. In addition to the live race coverage, the video board will provide fans with interactive entertainment, continuous leaderboard updates, sponsor information and instant replays. Construction will begin on the video board following the Oct. 13-16 Bank of America 500 Week at Charlotte Motor Speedway and is scheduled to be complete by April, 2011.(CMS)(9-22-2010)

here is a picture of what it will look like when completed

I'd rather be living in Indianapolis or Long Beach instead of Charlotte, NC as there hasn't been an IndyCar race here since 1999.

Wow!!!

Comment

Someone in Dallas is going to be pizzed
      "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
      " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X