Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowyer Double Cross ???? Stick a Fork in Him,,, He's All Done !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowyer Double Cross ???? Stick a Fork in Him,,, He's All Done !!!

Aloha All,,,

How can this crap happen >>>????<<<<

Can this just be a,,, mistake,,, or is
    it out righ cheating ???

Just how stupid, can this team be ???

They were warned, just last week, I just don't get it ????

Big...
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

My reply from his "Congratulations" thread...

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...ongratulations

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Appears as if Bowyer was busted for post-race infractions at both Richmond & Loudon...

Notice of infractions & inspections: http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=5602827

Penalty for NH infraction: http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...zed/index.html
    I was told flat out that they caught them for the infraction in post-race after Richmond. Also that they didn't penalize them because some of the C4C drivers had to be in NYC & others had to be available for other media PR almost immediately - that it couldn't wait until last Wednesday.

Now, whether the winning car from last week was actually out of spec is anyones guess... but that 150 point penalty - had it been handed down after Richmond, when the car was confiscated - would have put Ryan Newman in the C4C instead of Bowyer.

And the sanctioning body wonders why they have so little credibility.

Comment

Kinda like that perfect baseball game this year after an admitted botched call. They can't go back and change it.

It seems to me that if you can't post-race tech a car in a reasonable time limit, it is good. Too many rules. Today is Wednesday after Loudon.

Poor Shane Wilson. His first Cup win and he didn't build the car. Taking one for the team I guess...

Comment

I have to somewhat disagree, I think the 150 penalty is huge. Especially during the Chase. The crew chief getting a $150k fine is also astronomical. Will the team pay this for him, or are they allowed? How much do crew chiefs make? $150k is material for anyone in racing if they have to personally pay it.
        "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

How many shots does NASCAR get at these guys?

We have seen this on more than one occassion. The car shows up, goes through tech, races, and then they find an unapproved part or, in this case, that the body was not positioned up to standards. Did the team move the body between tech and the race? Doubtful. NASCAR just blew it. You can't come back three days later and say 'we goofed' in a professional series. Get it right the first time, NASCAR, or the 'penalty' is on you.

The Richond things looks irrelevant. "We told them they were close". Well, duh, it has to be close, or it won't race fast. That is why they have a rule book--and tech inspection BEFORE the race.

Now we see the damage done by NASCAR's selective enforcement of the rules. IF there was a legitimate violation at Richmond it should have been caught in pre race tech. The points assed right then and there, and Newman gets into the chase. Now we have a car in the chase that shouldn't be there (if the infraction is genuine) and a driver who should be there sitting on the outside wondering 'what if' NASCAR had made the correct inspection when they were supposed to.

Bad ju-ju.

Comment

That bites. I hate reading stuff like this, especially when its one of my favorites... I didn't take him seriously as a Chase contender, but it was nice seeing him up as high up in the points as he was after the race.

Comment

Would it not be hi-larious if Clint finished second to Jimmie by less than 150 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan View Post
                I have to somewhat disagree, I think the 150 penalty is huge. Especially during the Chase. The crew chief getting a $150k fine is also astronomical. Will the team pay this for him, or are they allowed? How much do crew chiefs make? $150k is material for anyone in racing if they have to personally pay it.
                AFAIK, Nascar doesn't have any regulatory authority over team/employee financial transactions. Independent contractors, etc, etc. I suppose Nascar could demand to see Childress' and Wilson's books for whatever reason they want, or for no reason at all, or face indefinite suspension, but whether that's legal and whether Childress and Wilson would comply would be interesting to see.
                Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Bowyer doesn't have a chance to win the Chase anyway so who really cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomsk View Post
                    Would it not be hi-larious if Clint finished second to Jimmie by less than 150 points?
                    Sure, as long as someone finishes ahead of Jimmie.

I believe Mark Martin lost a Cup to #3 by a margin that was less than a penalty he received somewhere along the way. Of course, those were pre-Chase days, but still...
                    No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Found this, among other things on this subject, on Jayski's website:

UPDATE 2: RCR Statement: "First of all, I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, our fans and everyone at RCR for the situation that has resulted from this ruling. RCR has a long-standing reputation of integrity on and off the race track. We pride ourselves on working within the rules established by the sanctioning body. NASCAR informed us after the Richmond race that we were very close to their maximum tolerances. They also told us they were going to take our New Hampshire car to the NASCAR Technical Center after that race. It doesn't make any sense at all that we would send a car to New Hampshire that wasn't within NASCAR's tolerances. I am confident we fixed the area of concern and the New Hampshire car left the race shop well within the tolerances required by NASCAR. We feel certain that the cause of the car being out of tolerance by sixty thousandths of an inch, less than 1/16 of an inch, happened as a result of the wrecker hitting the rear bumper when it pushed the car into winner's circle. The rear bumper was also hit on the cool down lap by other drivers congratulating Clint on his victory. That's the only logical way that the left-rear of the car was found to be high at the tech center. We will appeal NASCAR's ruling and take it all the way to the NASCAR commissioner for a final ruling, if need be."(RCR)(9-22-2010)

Comment

This makes me feel better after what he did to Hamlin at Dover.. Bowyer was not going to win the cup anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman View Post
                          Found this, among other things on this subject, on Jayski's website:

UPDATE 2: RCR Statement: "First of all, I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, our fans and everyone at RCR for the situation that has resulted from this ruling. RCR has a long-standing reputation of integrity on and off the race track. We pride ourselves on working within the rules established by the sanctioning body. NASCAR informed us after the Richmond race that we were very close to their maximum tolerances. They also told us they were going to take our New Hampshire car to the NASCAR Technical Center after that race. It doesn't make any sense at all that we would send a car to New Hampshire that wasn't within NASCAR's tolerances. I am confident we fixed the area of concern and the New Hampshire car left the race shop well within the tolerances required by NASCAR. We feel certain that the cause of the car being out of tolerance by sixty thousandths of an inch, less than 1/16 of an inch, happened as a result of the wrecker hitting the rear bumper when it pushed the car into winner's circle. The rear bumper was also hit on the cool down lap by other drivers congratulating Clint on his victory. That's the only logical way that the left-rear of the car was found to be high at the tech center. We will appeal NASCAR's ruling and take it all the way to the NASCAR commissioner for a final ruling, if need be."(RCR)(9-22-2010)
                          I like seeing this. I don't think the points will be reinstated, but I'm glad to hear they're at least going to try an appeal.

Comment

As far as Daytona Beach is concerned, butter wouldn't melt in Richard Childress' mouth....

P.S. I need to buy a new pair of high water boots, before the fall comes...:krusty
                            My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

How do cars that have been in an incident and covered with 200 MPH ductape patches finish a race within tolarance. Catch the infraction prior to the race - PERIOD.

Will there be an asterick behind the name of the 2010 cup winner.
                              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X