• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    dalz
    I love this sport

• dalz
    replied
    Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
    does anyone recall what the racing was like after the last repave? - could be an indication of what's in store....
    Last repave was around '78 or so. A lot has changed since then, to say the least. Maybe like Talladega, with handling mattering a little more. I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be interesting no matter what.

I assume the T4 tunnels will be renovated to allow full-size semi haulers to get through, if they couldn't before.

Leave a comment:

• Stick500
    Dirt biker/carp hunter

• Stick500
    replied
    does anyone recall what the racing was like after the last repave? - could be an indication of what's in store....

Leave a comment:

• MoparsRule

• MoparsRule
    replied
    The largest CMP's I had ever seen without a doubt!

Leave a comment:

• Doctorindy
    24/7 & 365 Indy

• Doctorindy
    replied
    I didn't realize they were renovating the turn 4 tunnels...i.e., ripping them out and building a new tunnel in their place. At least that's what the articles suggest.

I'm going to actually miss those things. If you never went through them, they were just large corrugated metal pipes.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Paff
    On vacation

• Chris Paff
    replied
    Sending this as a christmas gift idea to the girlfriend

Leave a comment:

• Max Revs
    There's Hope for FL OWR

• Max Revs
    replied
    Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Here ya go, Kev...

I had to laugh at "Quantities are limited". They are only removing 480,000 tons of asphalt, so I guess I better rush my order in right away !!!

Leave a comment:

• MoparsRule

• MoparsRule
    replied
    Here ya go, Kev...

http://store.nascar.com/category/ind...oryId=10813483
    Sybil D. Sobydianz
    Administratively Fooled
    Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 10-21-2010, 08:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    Trenton (NJ)
    Vineland (NJ)
    Columbia (SC)

I was promised a piece of asphalt from Flemington Speedway when it was torn down and I assume the guy still has it in has house somewhere but I moved away and keep forgetting to ask him about it

Leave a comment:

• Chris Paff
    On vacation

• Chris Paff
    replied
    Which three?

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Revs View Post

Buy your piece of track before they are sold out!
    Id love to snag a piece but Im sure theyre charging ridicuolus prices for it

I have asphalt from three dead tracks

Leave a comment:

• Max Revs
    There's Hope for FL OWR

• Max Revs
    replied

Buy your piece of track before they are sold out!

Leave a comment:

• Max Revs
    There's Hope for FL OWR

• Max Revs
    replied
    Come on, guys.

All ya had to do was talk to the kid. I leave my Cent. FL house by 6 AM race morning, and get to my secret spot by 7:30 AM. It is about 3/4 mile walk to the front stretch (just checked distance on Google Maps). And the price - zero dollars and zero cents.

Leave a comment:

• penske361277

• penske361277
    replied
    Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    A little FYI for ya,
    I went down this past February. I was in FLa for the sprints and mods but went down early to see the ARCA race. Traffic was really annoying even with that crowd.
    There is free parking but its a good 2 miles behind the Volusia Mall and you gotta ride busses from there to the speedway. All the parking on ISB was $40 and up

God only knows what they charge to park a week later
    Went down there the friday of the CWT race in '07 and some people were charging $50

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
    I am at the age that I dread the traffic, but this year with the anticipated smaller crowd, I just might make it.
    A little FYI for ya,
    I went down this past February. I was in FLa for the sprints and mods but went down early to see the ARCA race. Traffic was really annoying even with that crowd.
    There is free parking but its a good 2 miles behind the Volusia Mall and you gotta ride busses from there to the speedway. All the parking on ISB was $40 and up

God only knows what they charge to park a week later

Leave a comment:

• DavidM
    outsider

• DavidM
    replied
    I bet the racing will suck there the next year or two until the grip on the bottom gives up a bit. Everyone will hugh the yellow line the whole way around the track the entire race.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X