Daytona Repave Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Repave Website

Includes webcam to take a look down at the ongoing work.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...n-Info/RP.aspx

Above, the web cam looks down on Daytona International Speedway as the skid pads, apron and pit road are being repaved for only the second time in its history. It'll be a historic moment in the history of Daytona International Speedway when NASCAR returns to the “World Center of Racingâ€‌ for the 53rd annual Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 20 and race on the new asphalt.

I bet they will have to tweak with those plates to slow'em down come February.

Comment

More passing would be nice, too.

You going in Feb. cbreez (I'm thinking about it)?

Comment

I don't follow Nascar so I am going to ask the silly question of why are they doing it? Was it getting bumpy or what? Looks like a HUGE undertaking.
        "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
        " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Yep: lumpy, bumpy, chunks coming up during races.
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

The track was just worn out slick. Like a piece of sandpaper that is used up! Then with the age, surface cracks allowed seepage under the surface in certain areas which caused the infamous pothole last year. Any road surface with age will settle a bit, here and there so hopefully it will be a flatter surface. Good for them!

I am at the age that I dread the traffic, but this year with the anticipated smaller crowd, I just might make it.

Comment

I bet the racing will suck there the next year or two until the grip on the bottom gives up a bit. Everyone will hugh the yellow line the whole way around the track the entire race.
              "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                I am at the age that I dread the traffic, but this year with the anticipated smaller crowd, I just might make it.
                A little FYI for ya,
                I went down this past February. I was in FLa for the sprints and mods but went down early to see the ARCA race. Traffic was really annoying even with that crowd.
                There is free parking but its a good 2 miles behind the Volusia Mall and you gotta ride busses from there to the speedway. All the parking on ISB was $40 and up

God only knows what they charge to park a week later
                Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                  A little FYI for ya,
                  I went down this past February. I was in FLa for the sprints and mods but went down early to see the ARCA race. Traffic was really annoying even with that crowd.
                  There is free parking but its a good 2 miles behind the Volusia Mall and you gotta ride busses from there to the speedway. All the parking on ISB was $40 and up

God only knows what they charge to park a week later
                  Went down there the friday of the CWT race in '07 and some people were charging $50

Comment

Come on, guys.

All ya had to do was talk to the kid. I leave my Cent. FL house by 6 AM race morning, and get to my secret spot by 7:30 AM. It is about 3/4 mile walk to the front stretch (just checked distance on Google Maps). And the price - zero dollars and zero cents.

Comment

Buy your piece of track before they are sold out!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Revs View Post

Buy your piece of track before they are sold out!
                        Id love to snag a piece but Im sure theyre charging ridicuolus prices for it

I have asphalt from three dead tracks
                        Live like Dave

Comment

Which three?
                          "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Trenton (NJ)
                            Vineland (NJ)
                            Columbia (SC)

I was promised a piece of asphalt from Flemington Speedway when it was torn down and I assume the guy still has it in has house somewhere but I moved away and keep forgetting to ask him about it
                            Live like Dave

Comment

Here ya go, Kev...

http://store.nascar.com/category/ind...oryId=10813483
                              Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 10-21-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X