Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New President of Daytona International Speedway

FROM Wikipedia:

Joie Chitwood is President and Chief Operating Officer of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He was promoted to that role in December 2004 and directs all operating, marketing, public relations, sales, sponsorship, licensing, ticketing and hospitality functions of the Speedway, Brickyard Crossing Golf Course and Brickyard Crossing Inn.

Somebody tell Wikipedia they are badly in need of an update:

Dear Max Revs:

Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new President of Daytona International Speedway. As a Florida native, it’s with a tremendous amount pride and enthusiasm that I join the team at Daytona International Speedway – NASCAR’s most storied race track and the home to the sports’ biggest and most prestigious race, the Daytona 500.

Like you, I’m an avid race fan. My family has been Daytona ticket holders for nearly 30 years and this historic race track has always held a very special place in my heart. In fact, on the day I was born in Tampa in 1969, my father, Joie Jr., was actually racing a Chevrolet Camaro here at Daytona International Speedway.

I really like sharing my experiences at the race track and my family history with fellow race fans. I’ve pulled together some of my favorite photos from over the years that I thought you might enjoy.

As President, I’m committed to delivering you a first-class fan experience that is unlike any other in motorsports. I hope you will join us February 20th as we write another chapter in Daytona’s rich history when the 53rd DAYTONA 500 is run on the newly repaved track surface. As you know, 1978 was the only other time the track was repaved and the 1979 Daytona 500 delivered one of the most historic finishes in NASCAR history between Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough and the famous fight with the Allison brothers and Yarborough. And of course, the first race on Daytona’s original pavement was the 1959 Daytona 500 and showcased a memorable photo finish with Lee Petty being named the winner three days later. Tickets start at $55 and can be purchased online or give us a call at 1-800-PITSHOP.

See you at the races!

Joie Chitwood III
    President, Daytona International Speedway
    DAYTONA 500 ticket holder – Weatherly Grandstands,
    Section C, Row 11, Seats 19-38

Many people probably did not realize that the original Joey, raced in and finished the Indy 500.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X