Bristol Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Practice

Cars are on the track, but rain is on the way. Speed just showed the regional radar and there is no way they avoid it. Many of the drivers are complaining about the right rear, no grip. So far, David Ragan and Sam Hornish have spun (Sam twice) with only minor damage. Exit of turn 4 seems to be slippery for everyone. According to DW speeds are about1.2 secs slower than previous races with the old car. With the expected rain later today and tomorrow, the crews are working on race setups not quals.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Mikey nailed the wall, too. Will there be a ton of complaints about the Goodyear tires, again? Is it the tires or the CoT? Both?

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
      Mikey nailed the wall, too. Will there be a ton of complaints about the Goodyear tires, again? Is it the tires or the CoT? Both?
      No, Ragan, Hornish and Mikey are plenty of capable of spinning without help.
      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Rain on the track. Red flag out. We will have to see if they get going again.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
          Since they are practicing for Bristol, they are just trying to make it as realistic as possible.
          Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Jet driers on the track. With the little bit of rubber removed by the rain and the jet fuel residue now on the track, the first few laps ought to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks

Comment

Jet fuel residue??? really now???
                "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
                "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
                >

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
                  Ragan - I don't know much about him, so no comment.

Hornish - A rookie - let's allow him some time to learn before passing judgement.

Mikey - Been running around Bristol for the better part of 20 years and really has no excuses for goofing up.
                  Gregg Sebald

Comment

No qualifications. Line up according to points last year.

Comment

So I guess Penske did do the points swap thing. Lineup shows Sam starting 7th and Kurt 36th.

Did they get in a second practice?
                      Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote
                        So I guess Penske did do the points swap thing. Lineup shows Sam starting 7th and Kurt 36th.

Did they get in a second practice?
                        This line-up is still based on 2007 owner's points (first 5 races of the season). 2008 points start next week.

roach

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X