Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tony purposely trying to get fired??? (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tony purposely trying to get fired??? (merged)

With his multi million dollar ties to Chevrolet and, also, strong ties to Hoosier tire, he may be using goodyear to get out of his Toyota deal and possibly, even, exit nascar.
    He is certainly costing Joe Gibbs millions in current and future goodyear con$ideration$.
    While everything TS said was absolutely true, not, even, Tony is stupid enough to cut his own throat with the sole tire supplier on national TV unless there is some underlying agenda.

Rather intentionally or not, TS may have exceeded "the coach's", goodyear's and nascar's breaking point on this one.

Tony may find out the goodyear is more important to nascar than he is.

Expect major fallout from this one.

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
    http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Originally posted by mac miller
    With his multi million dollar ties to Chevrolet and, also, strong ties to Hoosier tire, he may be using goodyear to get out of his Toyota deal and possibly, even, exit nascar.
    He is certainly costing Joe Gibbs millions in current and future goodyear con$ideration$.
    While everything TS said was absolutely true, not, even, Tony is stupid enough to cut his own throat with the sole tire supplier on national TV unless there is some underlying agenda.

Rather intentionally or not, TS may have exceeded "the coach's", goodyear's and nascar's breaking point on this one.

You know what Mac, we might agree on something here, could it be that he did not want Toyota to get all of the press? He has yet to say thanks to his mfg.

Tony, I think, is a very unhappy man on all levels of NASCAR and maybe he does want out..

OMG mac and I basically agree
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

If they haven't gotten rid of him yet for all the things he's said in the past about Nascar and how they run their business as well as some race tracks he thought were poor for them to race on, why would they get rid of him now?

Comment

Originally posted by DamonG19
        If they haven't gotten rid of him yet for all the things he's said in the past about Nascar and how they run their business as well as some race tracks he thought were poor for them to race on, why would get rid of him now?

They won't...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
          They won't...
          Of course they won't, which was my point.

Comment

Of course they won't, which was my point.
            I understood...just agreeing...Tony sells tickets...Goodyear doesn't...

Comment

Originally posted by mac miller

I think Chevrolet fans are vastly over reading Stewart's disstisfaction with Toyota or Gibbs. And really, it's a proven fact Stewart can operate his mouth without his brain being in gear ;-)

Comment

I concur with dolan and hd
                www.fairtax.org

Comment

sorry damon and hd
                  www.fairtax.org

Comment

With the arrival of Kyle Busch, Tony may find out that Gibbs doesn't need to jeopardize his sponsor deals by putting up with TS's crap.

Like I said , expect major sanctions over this deal.

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
                    http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

Slightly OT: Tony Stewart blasts Goodyear!!!

From his post-race interview today:

"That's the most pathetic racing tire I've ever been on in my professional career. They exited out of Formula One. They exited out of the IRL. They exited out of CART. The exited out of The World of Outlaws. And there is a reason for that. Because Goodyear can't build a tire that is worth a crap. If I were Goodyear I would be really embarrassed about this weekend and what they brought us here. It didn't keep us from winning the race and how we got to second, I don't know. I'm really proud of our guys on the team and really proud of their pitstops. It was ridiculous to have to race on a tire like this today. Not in this form of racing. If they can't to any better than that they ought to just pull out of this sport and save us all a bunch of headaches. Because I guarantee you Hoosier or Firestone or somebody could come in and do a lot better job than what they are doing right now."
                      :angry-smi

Discuss.
                      "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                      the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                      -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

well at least he mentioned the IRL... :kk :tg

Comment

Aren't you supposed to thank the sponsors and suppliers? Wonder what (if any) the consequences will be? Hopefully really harsh... so harsh he ends up at the Indy 500.

jono

Comment

He was angry and let people know it. Backed up what he said...good for him!!

Comment

If they haven't gotten rid of him yet for all the things he's said in the past about Nascar and how they run their business as well as some race tracks he thought were poor for them to race on, why would they get rid of him now?
                              Exactly. Stewart is known for running his mouth at the right and wrong times. Today was nothing different. It's just wishful OW biased thinking that he's trying to get out of NASCAR.

He's simply upset with the tires they run today and last week (too soft and too hard respectively), and after being put into the wall twice and now sliding all around the track he's voicing that displeasure. I would have said something in his place too. I doubt he'll even get so much as a wrist slap for that interview. They want their drivers to have personality they said, and Tony has plenty to spare.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X