Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does Rusty Wallace look like an idiot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does Rusty Wallace look like an idiot?

Saw him on ESPN really giving NASCAR what for on the penalty to Roush racing and Edwards saying that no way that was on purpose and that no, none, nada advantage could be had.

So was he right or:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=3281284
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

It's a habit.
    It's always been about the Indy 500!
    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Yes, Rusty looks like an idiot.

Wait - what's the specific issue?
      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
        Yes, Rusty looks like an idiot.

Wait - what's the specific issue?

he was better when he talked with his right foot
        Live like Dave

Comment

"Man, this cat sounds like an idiot"
          Motor racing news and commentary:

http://www.ridebuyer.blogspot.com/

Comment

" Man this cat has a hot rod mouth "

I like Loren Wallace( however you spell his name ).........
            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

The answer to that question is always "yes".
              "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

So does Rusty Wallace look like an idiot?

Usually.

But somehow, I got to believe it's just part of the schtick.
                Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeUinMay
                  Usually.

It is a schtick to look stupid?????
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

Usually.

Nope.

Look, I've watched Rusty race, and had opportunities to be around him, since he was backing his Camaro into the wall at I-70 on what seemed like a weekly basis in the 70s. The only thing that has ever changed about him was the hairstyle (he ditched the Afro). Rusty is/was a very talented race driver and a damn fine chassis builder (cars he built in the 70s were winning races well into the 80s and even 90s). BUT - he has always loved the sound of his own voice, and was never particular about the words being conveyed by it.
                    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Nope.

Look, I've watched Rusty race, and had opportunities to be around him, since he was backing his Camaro into the wall at I-70 on what seemed like a weekly basis in the 70s. The only thing that has ever changed about him was the hairstyle (he ditched the Afro). Rusty is/was a very talented race driver and a damn fine chassis builder (cars he built in the 70s were winning races well into the 80s and even 90s). BUT - he has always loved the sound of his own voice, and was never particular about the words being conveyed by it.
                      I've always gave him a bit of a pass because he used to race up here and I tend to have a soft-spot for those I've seen race prior to their careers really taking off. But, that sure seems to be dead-on.
                      Eff LBD!

Comment

Nope.

Okay, I guess I can stop waiting for the big cheesey grin and the "gotcha"!!

So then is Kenny as big of a goof off as he portrays too? If so, I'd almost pay to be a fly on the wall at a Wallace family gathering.
                        Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Originally posted by beej
                          It is a schtick to look stupid?????
                          DW rode it to the top....
                          "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Okay, I guess I can stop waiting for the big cheesey grin and the "gotcha"!!

So then is Kenny as big of a goof off as he portrays too? If so, I'd almost pay to be a fly on the wall at a Wallace family gathering.
                            Kenny is just a fun guy, period. If you really want to have a great time, find him at a short track and hang around the pits when he's running his Modified.

Comment

Originally posted by dalz
                              DW rode it to the top....
                              schtick is a comic theme or gimmick. You are right, DW did (make that does) schtick.

Rusty on the other hand was on the network that he workss for expressing views he truly beieved were correct. That was neither a comic theme or a gimmick... although stupid and schtick do start with the letter s

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X