Snow in Atlanta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow in Atlanta!

NWS quals snowed out but the track dryers our out to try and get them some practice before todays race at 2:00.............

Anyone remember 1993 ? I had a new project starting on Monday morning so we came home late Sunday night.........or was it early Monday morning ?
    Anyway starting by points should be fun to watch the fast cars come thru the field.......
    Back in the Day is on with DE Jr. I enjoy watching the film clips of the old days with Bud announcing............
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

weather.com says the high temp for Atlanta today is 38 . Going to be cold day if they can get the race in. 58 tomorrow.
    GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Sprint Cup practice in 40 minutes or so and The NWS race is scheduled to go off on time....Sunny right now...but 35 degrees. 35 degrees, hard tire, might be an interesting practice session for the Cup cars.............
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Time to play Little Richard...Slippin' & Slidin'...

Comment

Puts my boy, Bryan Clauson, in 18th starting spot (I refuse to call it a "starting grid" ). About where he was practicing (19th) yesterday.
          Marv Fish

Comment

Ain't the first time, they lost an entire weekend once. Didn't somebody here suggest they swap the Atlanta and Fontana dates here a couple of weeks ago?It's nothing but a pair of weird weather deals happening weeks apart. At times warm-weather sites aren't. Years ago Richmond was the 2nd or 3rd race after Daytona, Richmond isn't a warm-weather city. It won't be fun, but they will get most of today's "stuff" in, NWS "Q" runs are cancelled, but they had to do a last minute reach-out to get 43 cars anyway.
            It's always been about the Indy 500!
            I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

The high was at midnight. It's 35 and falling right now. And the wind is standing the flags straight out. A very nasty day.

Looks like practice at 11:45 a.m., to 1:20 p.m. So just one combined Saturday practice.

Comment

And yeah, there are at least seven cars that won't complete 10 laps in today's Nationwide race, either flagged by NASCAR for being too slow or will retire with "handling" issues.

Comment

I guess it was more than the "reach-out" I heard about, it was a wholesale pleading contest, good thing Charlotte is so close. Funny they could fill the NWS fields in California and Vegas but not down-the-street, must have been some serious tow money paid out. I guess NASCAR didn't want to be embarrassed in front of Nationwide in their first four races.

It's NASCAR's fault, Buschwackers killed off a lot of smaller independent teams, and NASCAR all but encouraged it. Here we are at a time when these teams can buy ex-cup cars at giveaway prices, NASCAR has implemented a tapered spacer that might allow teams to run engines for two races, and they still can't fill the field.
                  It's always been about the Indy 500!
                  I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring

Anyone remember 1993 ? I had a new project starting on Monday morning so we came home late Sunday night.........or was it early Monday morning ?

Back in the Day is on with DE Jr. I enjoy watching the film clips of the old days with Bud announcing............
                    If 1993 is the year they got a foot of snow on race day in "hot 'lanta", yep - I remember. Sigh - dating myself again.....

Global warming, huh?

I can't watch the old races - too many favorite drivers who aren't around any more.
                    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by irnlsfan
                      weather.com says the high temp for Atlanta today is 38 . Going to be cold day if they can get the race in. 58 tomorrow.
                      Clear and sunny and 41 in Anchorage right now, should hit a high of 45.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                        Clear and sunny and 41 in Anchorage right now, should hit a high of 45.
                        Yeah, but do you have an oval race track?
                        I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Not for cars..........

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake
                            Yeah, but do you have an oval race track?
                            3 ovals in Alaska I believe.

Just going by memory

Am I close JW?
                            Live like Dave

Comment

Yeah, one in Wasilla, one outside Fbks, one in Soldotna. My former partner used to race an ex-Kaeding sprint car here and in CA.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X